Alternatives to Splunk?

sssdevelop

Are there any opensource alternatives to Splunk?
Need tool to analyze the log files..

Rodrick Brown

Are there any opensource alternatives to Splunk?
Need tool to analyze the log files..
This is highly off topic, however I'm using logstash + kibana for my log
analysis.

sssdevelop

Yup - its off topic. I was triggered to write here because Splunk is written in Python. And Python is good at Parsing/Regex.

Thank you for your response about logstash, kibana. I was looking for such tools only - thank you so much.

---sss

sssdevelop

Yup - its off topic. I was triggered to write here because Splunk is written in Python. And Python is good at Parsing/Regex.

Thank you for your response about logstash, kibana. I was looking for such tools only - thank you so much.

---sss

Matty Sarro

Look up any nosql database. At it's heart that is what splunk is built on.
Or, if you're working with less than 500mb of data a day, just use the free
version of splunk.

Steven D'Aprano

sssdevelop said:
Are there any opensource alternatives to Splunk?
Need tool to analyze the log files..

Is Google blocked where you are?

How about other search engines like DuckDuckGo, Bling, Yahoo, etc? Surely
*some* search engine must work.

If not, I suggest asking on a mailing list for system administration, not
programming languages.