    possible?

    regards,

    Jon Trauntvein

    Jon, Feb 4, 2008

  2. Jon

    Pavel Lepin Guest

    Jon <> wrote in
    <>:
    > I have experimented in the past with the <?xml-stylesheet
    > ...?> processing instruction with mixed success between
    > different browsers but my principle object to it is that
    > it has to be embedded in the prologue XML document itself.

    > What I would like to be able to do is to control the style
    > sheet applied to an XML document as the browser follows
    > the link to that document from an HTML document.

    Transform server-side and serve the results. That way you
    have full control over the transformation you're using on
    your source document, and can even parametrise the
    transformation using the feedback from the client. This was
    discussed recently in the thread 'Pushing multiple xml
    through a xsl file to generate a single html page'.

    > I have looked at the syntax for the <a> and <link> HTML
    > tags and am not certain regarding this capability. Can
    > anyone confirm whether this is possible?

    It's not.

    --
    <>There is no phenotype</>

    Pavel Lepin, Feb 5, 2008

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    On Feb 5, 12:50 am, Pavel Lepin <> wrote:
    > Jon <> wrote in
    > <>:
    >
    > > I have experimented in the past with the <?xml-stylesheet
    > > ...?> processing instruction with mixed success between
    > > different browsers but my principle object to it is that
    > > it has to be embedded in the prologue XML document itself.
    > > What I would like to be able to do is to control the style
    > > sheet applied to an XML document as the browser follows
    > > the link to that document from an HTML document.

    > Transform server-side and serve the results. That way you
    > have full control over the transformation you're using on
    > your source document, and can even parametrise the
    > transformation using the feedback from the client. This was
    > discussed recently in the thread 'Pushing multiple xml
    > through a xsl file to generate a single html page'.

    Unfortunately, the server side is a datalogger with limited processing
    power and memory so server side transformation does not appear to be
    an option. Regardless, I thank you for your response.

    Regards,

    Jon Trauntvein

    Jon, Feb 5, 2008
  4. Jon

    Pavel Lepin Guest

    Jon <> wrote in
    <>:
    > On Feb 5, 12:50 am, Pavel Lepin <>
    > wrote:
    >> Jon <> wrote:
    >> > I have experimented in the past with the
    >> > <?xml-stylesheet ...?> processing instruction with
    >> > mixed success between different browsers but my
    >> > principle object to it is that it has to be embedded in
    >> > the prologue XML document itself. What I would like to
    >> > be able to do is to control the style sheet applied to
    >> > an XML document as the browser follows the link to that
    >> > document from an HTML document.

    >> Transform server-side and serve the results. That way you
    >> have full control over the transformation you're using on
    >> your source document, and can even parametrise the
    >> transformation using the feedback from the client. This
    >> was discussed recently in the thread 'Pushing multiple
    >> xml through a xsl file to generate a single html page'.

    > Unfortunately, the server side is a datalogger with
    > limited processing power and memory so server side
    > transformation does not appear to be
    > an option. Regardless, I thank you for your response.

    *shrug* Tools for tasks. If your datalogger is not powerful
    enough for this, leave it to its datalogging and set up a
    proper server that would yank your documents from the
    datalogger, transform them and serve to the end-user.

    --
    When all you have is a transformation engine, everything
    looks like a tree.

    Pavel Lepin, Feb 5, 2008