    Bob Hanson
    CEO
    Custom Programming Unlimited LLC
    Robert V. Hanson, Jul 2, 2003

  2. If you have cookieless=true, then sessionID will be concatenated to every
    URL string so that it is automatically passed around to each page. As a
    developer this will be seemless to you and the session stuff will just work.
    The only real drawback is the ugly sessionID that will appear in the address
    bar of the user's browser.
    This is the only reasonably simple way to keep track of the user's session
    if they have cookies turned off.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD

    "Robert V. Hanson" <> wrote in message
    > If you have per user information that you want to store in session and the
    > setting in web.config is set to cookieless=false so you are intending on
    > using cookies, the user's browser is set to not accept cookies, what can

    you

    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Hello Robert,

    I think your question is: How to store asp state information without
    cookies information.

    Generall speaking, the most common options to preserve state are as
    follows:
    Session and Application Variables
    Cookies
    Hidden Form Fields
    QueryString
    File and Database

    I recommend you read one good MSDN article on it:
    "HOWTO: Store State in Active Server Pages Applications"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q175167

    Hope it helps.

    Best regards,
    yhhuang
    VS.NET, Visual C++
    Microsoft

    Got .Net? http://www.gotdotnet.com
    !
    !If you have per user information that you want to store in session and the
    !setting in web.config is set to cookieless=false so you are intending on
    !using cookies, the user's browser is set to not accept cookies, what can
    you
    !do as alternative for storing that data?
    !
    !What is the tradeoff if you just set the cookieless=true?
    !
    !I am just trying to determine a set of best practices for this on my
    !project.
    !
    !Thanks in advance,
    !