    is this something that 'authentic' (or any of the cheaper altova products)
    does?

    if not, what's your favourite free/cheap xml editor
    Andy Fish, Nov 28, 2007

  2. Andy Fish

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 28 Nov, 10:44, "Andy Fish" <> wrote:

    > i used to use the free edition of altova xml spy for editing xml files. now
    > I see that it costs $500

    I've posted regularly on how I don't much like Altova or XML Spy
    anyway.

    > if not, what's your favourite free/cheap xml editor

    Anything will do element closure these days. Hunt around and you'll
    get DTD or schema awareness too, or even schema editing tools. jEdit
    is the low end, Eclipse the high end.
    Andy Dingley, Nov 28, 2007

  3. Andy Fish

    Armel Guest

    "Andy Fish" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    oEb3j.7156$...
    > hi,
    >
    > i used to use the free edition of altova xml spy for editing xml files.
    > now I see that it costs $500
    >
    > all I want to do is just edit xml files in a "raw" xml view, validate that
    > they are well formed, and pretty-print (reformat), so I don't really want
    > to spend 500 bucks on a tool to do it
    >
    > is this something that 'authentic' (or any of the cheaper altova products)
    > does?
    >
    > if not, what's your favourite free/cheap xml editor

    we make and use ECMerge for our XML stuff, it has XML completion and XML
    validation through macros and built-in pretty-printing.
    it is basically a differ but it is also a good editor with XML syntax
    colouring for 20$ in its standard version.

    Regards
    Armel
    Armel, Nov 28, 2007
  4. Andy Fish

    MKline Guest

    On Nov 28, 5:44 am, "Andy Fish" <> wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i used to use the free edition of altova xml spy for editing xml files. now
    > I see that it costs $500
    >
    > all I want to do is just edit xml files in a "raw" xml view, validate that
    > they are well formed, and pretty-print (reformat), so I don't really want to
    > spend 500 bucks on a tool to do it
    >
    > is this something that 'authentic' (or any of the cheaper altova products)
    > does?
    >
    > if not, what's your favourite free/cheap xml editor

    www.xmlcooktop.com

    freeware
    MKline, Nov 29, 2007