Value : 2799:UDP
Data : 2799:UDP:*:Enabled:Altova License Metering Port (UDP)

Value : 2799:TCP
Data : 2799:TCP:*:Enabled:Altova License Metering Port (TCP)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\

Value: DisableUnicastResponsesToMulticastBroadcast
Data : 1

If you uninstall the software, these keys are not removed (a sure sign of
crap software). Even if you cancel the install before it's completed, these
keys are still written to your registry and not removed. So you don't even
have to install their software - you just have to think about doing it!

Note to Altova: You do not own my PC nor have any right to compromise my
security by opening ports in my firewall and otherwise altering the setup of
my network protocols without my authority. Needless to say I'll not be using
any of your software ever again. In fact I intend to inform as many people
as possible about your underhand practices.

If you need to check with their support team call (001)-978-816-1602

Connected

Bo

Thanks for telling us, Connected.

I'm using XMLSpy, and think it's a very valuable tool. However, I
would like software manufacturers to properly document the means to
"phone home" that they are using. As you have experienced, all sorts
of mysterious behaviour can arise, and internet wars stories often are
our only help to troubleshoot.