ALU code ???

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by CS_, Dec 8, 2009.

  1. CS_

    CS_

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    can any one solve it ??????

    Write the VHDL code for the ALU that takes two inputs A and B and performs the following operations depending on the values of the control signal C:
    Each signal A and B is 16-Bit Wide.

    Arithmetic Operations:
    Control Signals and Operations
    0000 A Plus B
    0001 Increment A by 2
    0010 A Minus B
    0011 Decrement A by 3

    Comparison Operations
    Control Signals and Operations
    0100 Minimum of A and B
    0101 Maximum of A and B
    0110 A AND B
    0111 A OR B

    Shift Operations
    Control Signals and Operations
    1000 Circular right shift of A
    1001 Circular left shift of A
    1010 Right shift of A with feed in 0
    1011 Left shift of A with feed in 0
    1100 Right shift of A with MSB replication
    1101 Left shift of A with LSB replication

    CS_, Dec 8, 2009

  2. CS_

    eliascm

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2009
    Messages:
    42
    Alu

    Yes, I can solve it, but I am not taking the course. If I gave you my solution and you turned it in as your own wouldn't that be cheating?

    eliascm, Dec 9, 2009

  3. CS_

    qwerty321

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18
    elias can you help me?
    check my post

    qwerty321, Dec 11, 2009
  4. CS_

    joris

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    Messages:
    152
    You will get help if you make explicit what you tried, where it got stuck, including (perhaps simplified) code you wrote and perhaps error output or from simulator or synthesis tool; not many people are willing to just solve your schoolwork for you

    joris, Dec 13, 2009
  5. CS_

    CS student

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2009
    Messages:
    4

    I need to know the code for these two plz

    CS student, Dec 14, 2009
  6. CS_

    qwerty321

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18
    I can't give you my code because we are working on the same project...I know who you are and you will be reported to Dean's warning

    M.F

    qwerty321, Dec 14, 2009
  7. CS_

    CS student