Always got "Source not found" in Eclipse. Need help! Thanks inadvance

Discussion in 'Java' started by mike-yue, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. mike-yue

    mike-yue Guest

    Hi guys,

    First take a look the project in Eclipse IDE:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/needpassion/Pictures?authkey=rQ0S1KvVwCc#5244930532018974802

    The XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java belong to the same
    package org.jfree.data.xy within jfreechart.jar(it is a GNU opensource
    pack).
    From the picture you can see the source is attached already. The jar
    is already in the build path.
    From the application TestFile.java using Ctrl+Click, the Eclipse IDE
    can jump to the functions in XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java
    without a problem. I believe that means the source code attached fine.

    But in whatever runtime or debug, I always got error "Source not
    found", and was asked to "Edit Source Lookup Path", but that did help
    nothing.
    I tried recreating the project, cleaning all, Refreshing, Validating,
    no help.

    I am new with Eclipse and Java. Sorry for bothing you maybe such a
    simple question, but I've fighted this strange thing for two whole
    days.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    mike-yue, Sep 12, 2008

  2. mike-yue

    mike-yue Guest

    On Sep 11, 6:00 pm, mike-yue <> wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > First take a look the project in Eclipse IDE:http://picasaweb.google.com/needpassion/Pictures?authkey=rQ0S1KvVwCc#...
    >
    > The XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java belong to the same
    > package org.jfree.data.xy within jfreechart.jar(it is a GNU opensource
    > pack).
    > From the picture you can see the source is attached already. The jar
    > is already in the build path.
    > From the application TestFile.java using Ctrl+Click, the Eclipse IDE
    > can jump to the functions in XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java
    > without a problem. I believe that means the source code attached fine.
    >
    > But in whatever runtime or debug, I always got error "Source not
    > found", and was asked to "Edit Source Lookup Path", but that did help
    > nothing.
    > I tried recreating the project, cleaning all, Refreshing, Validating,
    > no help.
    >
    > I am new with Eclipse and Java. Sorry for bothing you maybe such a
    > simple question, but I've fighted this strange thing for two whole
    > days.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    The issue is: The two files have two classes within one jar file,
    source code within one folder, all attached, how come the first one
    got instance without problem, but the second one did. The jar
    jfreechart is open source GNU package, so there is no problem with the
    original package and jar.

    mike-yue, Sep 12, 2008

  3. mike-yue

    mike-yue Guest

    On Sep 11, 6:07 pm, mike-yue <> wrote:
    > On Sep 11, 6:00 pm, mike-yue <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi guys,

    > > First take a look the project in Eclipse IDE:http://picasaweb.google.com/needpassion/Pictures?authkey=rQ0S1KvVwCc#...

    > > The XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java belong to the same
    > > package org.jfree.data.xy within jfreechart.jar(it is a GNU opensource
    > > pack).
    > > From the picture you can see thesourceis attached already. The jar
    > > is already in the build path.
    > > From the application TestFile.java using Ctrl+Click, the Eclipse IDE
    > > can jump to the functions in XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java
    > > without a problem. I believe that means thesourcecode attached fine.

    > > But in whatever runtime or debug, I always got error "Sourcenot
    > >found", and was asked to "EditSourceLookup Path", but that did help
    > > nothing.
    > > I tried recreating the project, cleaning all, Refreshing, Validating,
    > > no help.

    > > I am new with Eclipse and Java. Sorry for bothing you maybe such a
    > > simple question, but I've fighted this strange thing for two whole
    > > days.

    > > Any help would be appreciated.

    > The issue is: The two files have two classes within one jar file,sourcecode within one folder, all attached, how come the first one
    > got instance without problem, but the second one did. The jar
    > jfreechart is opensourceGNU package, so there is no problem with the
    > original package and jar.

    Found the answer: The jar calls another jar which has no source
    attached.
    Thanks for all your attention.

    mike-yue, Sep 15, 2008