Am I being boycotted?

William Goedicke

Dear Y'all -

Sorry, for the personal nature of this post, but I've had no
response to my last dozen questions. Did I offend with poor
etiquette or are my questions just hard to answer?

Yours - Billy

William Goedicke (e-mail address removed)
http://www.goedsole.com:8080

Lest we forget:

War is caused by the squabling of princes.

- Machievelli

Tassilo v. Parseval

Also sprach William Goedicke:
Sorry, for the personal nature of this post, but I've had no
response to my last dozen questions.

I only see one question of yours among my not-yet-expired articles.
Did I offend with poor etiquette or are my questions just hard to
answer?

I don't think it's a boycott. Instead I guess no one had something
intelligent to say. It happens once in a while. You can go over your
unreplied articles once more and see whether you can rephrase them so
that replies are more likely.

Your last question was something above detecting cycles in a graph. We
had the graph-issue a couple of times here lately so perhaps the group
was a little fed up with this topic. :)

Tassilo

William Goedicke

Dear Tassilo -

Tassilo> I don't think it's a boycott. Instead I guess no one had
Tassilo> something intelligent to say.

That's a relief.

Tassilo> Your last question was something above detecting cycles
Tassilo> in a graph. We had the graph-issue a couple of times here
Tassilo> lately so perhaps the group was a little fed up with this
Tassilo> topic. :)

Should I conclude that we haven't figured out how to recognize cycles?

Yours - Billy

William Goedicke (e-mail address removed)
http://www.goedsole.com:8080

Lest we forget:

Perl is orthogonal on hashes.

- William Goedicke

Jay Tilton

: Sorry, for the personal nature of this post, but I've had no
: response to my last dozen questions.

That sounds high. I only remember seeing two--one about a universally
convertible report format, and one about cycles in graphs.

Recap?

: Did I offend with poor etiquette

Thpt. Clpm readers will attempt to correct etiquette mistakes.
Killfiling is reserved for the pathologically clueless, and that's not
you.

: or are my questions just hard to answer?

That sounds more like it.

Or maybe your newsfeed is dropping articles.

Anno Siegel

William Goedicke said:
Dear Tassilo -

Tassilo> I don't think it's a boycott. Instead I guess no one had
Tassilo> something intelligent to say.

That's a relief.

Tassilo> Your last question was something above detecting cycles
Tassilo> in a graph. We had the graph-issue a couple of times here
Tassilo> lately so perhaps the group was a little fed up with this
Tassilo> topic. :)

Should I conclude that we haven't figured out how to recognize cycles?

That wouldn't be the job of a Perl newsgroup.

AFAIK cycle detection in graphs is algorithmically well covered, there
is no need to figure anything out. Just pick up any book about graph
theory. The only problem is the implementation in Perl of a standard
algorithm, or finding an existing implementation on CPAN.

Anno

William Goedicke

Dear Jay et al -

I've had no response to my last dozen questions.

Jay> That sounds high. I only remember seeing two--one about a
Jay> universally convertible report format, and one about cycles
Jay> in graphs.

You're right I exaggerated. Thanks to all for alleviating my concerns.

Yours - Billy

William Goedicke (e-mail address removed)
http://www.goedsole.com:8080

Lest we forget:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed [...] with certain unalienable Rights,
that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

- The Declaration of Independence

Jay Tilton

: Jay Tilton wrote:
:
: > Andrew Harton wrote:
:
: > > Why would anyone go to the bother of making up an "I hate Kira" site
: > > and then keep it secret?
:
: > It was to be announced at the Party Congress on Monday. As you know,
: > the Premier loves surprises.
:
: pfffttt... this announcement is no surprise with it spreading like
: wildfire on IRC channels, where I am frequently a topic of discussion,
: including circulating my photographs.
:
: Perhaps your Premier, Ass'rash Trolla, will at least act surprised.

Actually, the Premier's name is Kissov.

I was reminded of Dr. Strangelove.

The whole point of the [site] is lost if you keep it a secret!
Why didn't you tell the world?

The followup was DeSadeski's reply. Within the pop culture reference
is an implied hyperbolic comparison between an "I hate Kira" site and
a doomsday weapon.

Uri Guttman

JT> I was reminded of Dr. Strangelove.

JT> The whole point of the [site] is lost if you keep it a secret!
JT> Why didn't you tell the world?

JT> The followup was DeSadeski's reply. Within the pop culture reference
JT> is an implied hyperbolic comparison between an "I hate Kira" site and
JT> a doomsday weapon.

i would think that we would want to send moronzilla down into the mine
shafts so she could survive the python plague and pop out as truly the
world's best perl coder.

<sekrit aside to all cabal members: when she gets into the mine, we plug
up the entrance>

uri

Uri Guttman

PG> I am the greatest entertainment this group has ever enjoyed.
PG> Maybe I should simply say, in a Cassius Clay voice, "I am the greatest!"

it was much more fun when you took a vacation. so go away again.

PG> I'll loan you my cowgirl hat if you will go ride a bomb, Uri.

only if you are the target. to bad you don't know how dumb you are. it
would scare you.

uri