    I am only interested in writing a page that validates and shows in those
    resolutions/sizes so one does not ever have to scroll (horizontly).

    Thanks :)

    LOU, Feb 3, 2005

  2. LOU

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, LOU <> said:

    > What I am doing is writing the webpage with my screen resolution which is
    > 800x600.
    >
    > Then I change the screen resolution to 640x480 and then to 1024x768.

    <snip>
    > My question is: Is this a good way to test?

    Not really. What's the point? You are only testing 3 of the myriad of
    possible browser widths that your visitors could have.

    A better way to do it would be to increase your screen resolution as
    high as it will go, then resize the browser window to various random
    widths.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Feb 3, 2005

  3. LOU wrote:
    > This is tested in browsers I.E. Opera Firefox and Netscape.

    You'll also want to test in a KHTML browser (KHTML or Safari) and
    possibly Mac IE and iCab. Oh, and Lynx.

    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 3, 2005