am I doing this correctly?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Jun 25, 2009.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Hi

    asp.net 3.5

    This post is about integrating PayPal with CreateUserWizard!

    I've got an CreateUserWizard contorl on my webpage. After the
    CreateUserWizardStep I've placed this markup:
    <asp:TemplatedWizardStep>
    <CustomNavigationTemplate>

    Inside that CustomNavigationTemplate I've placed the PayPal subscribe
    button....
    Clicking the button will direct user to PayPal (I'm using Website Payment
    Standard, WPP not available in my country)

    This CreateUserWizard don't contain an CompleteWizardStep, because on
    successfull PayPal payment the user is directed to another page on my
    website, because when I created the PayPal button I had to specify which
    page to redirect to after successfull payment, I don't know how to go to the
    CompleteWizardStep step...

    In void CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e) I store the username inside
    session:
    Session["username"] = user.UserName;

    any ideas? and suggestions? what could I do better on this? please give me
    some feedback?, any pitfalls?
    Jeff, Jun 25, 2009

  2. Jeff

    Tom Dacon Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > asp.net 3.5
    >
    > This post is about integrating PayPal with CreateUserWizard!
    >
    > I've got an CreateUserWizard contorl on my webpage. After the
    > CreateUserWizardStep I've placed this markup:
    > <asp:TemplatedWizardStep>
    > <CustomNavigationTemplate>
    >
    > Inside that CustomNavigationTemplate I've placed the PayPal subscribe
    > button....
    > Clicking the button will direct user to PayPal (I'm using Website Payment
    > Standard, WPP not available in my country)
    >
    > This CreateUserWizard don't contain an CompleteWizardStep, because on
    > successfull PayPal payment the user is directed to another page on my
    > website, because when I created the PayPal button I had to specify which
    > page to redirect to after successfull payment, I don't know how to go to
    > the CompleteWizardStep step...
    >
    > In void CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e) I store the username
    > inside session:
    > Session["username"] = user.UserName;
    >
    > any ideas? and suggestions? what could I do better on this? please give me
    > some feedback?, any pitfalls?

    How about giving PayPal the URL of a utility page of some sort that would do
    nothing but redirect back to the next-step wizard page?

    I do something like that, except that I'm not doing this within a wizard.
    Since I don't use the wizards, I don't know how useful this suggestion is,
    but it seems like there ought to be a way to do that. If you're keeping
    everything you need in the Session, it doesn't seem like it would be too
    tough to pick up the thread back in the next wizard page.

    Tom Dacon
    Dacon Software Consulting
    Tom Dacon, Jun 27, 2009