    or by clean them each time before I use them and after I use them, I can
    pretty much use the same code of my perl in mod_perl enviroment.

    Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Picker Leon, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Picker Leon

    Keith Keller Guest

    Keith Keller, Dec 6, 2003

  3. Picker Leon

    ko Guest

    Picker Leon wrote:

    > After reading the links on perl.apache.org, I have concluded this:
    > If I have take care of the globle varible by either make no globle varibles,
    > or by clean them each time before I use them and after I use them, I can
    > pretty much use the same code of my perl in mod_perl enviroment.
    >
    > Please correct me if I am wrong.

    It might be a good idea to start slowly with mod_perl, using the
    Apache::perlRun handler. It has better performance than plain CGI
    because each child process loads the Perl interpreter once (versus
    each request.

    HTH -keith

    ko, Dec 6, 2003
  4. >>>>> "Picker" == Picker Leon <> writes:

    Picker> If I have take care of the globle varible by either make no
    Picker> globle varibles, or by clean them each time before I use them
    Picker> and after I use them, I can pretty much use the same code of
    Picker> my perl in mod_perl enviroment.

    Perhaps you are confusing all of mod_perl with the one thing of the
    Apache::Registry module used with mod_perl.

    Picker> Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Asking for that is implied. :) You're in CLPM, remember? :)

    Randal L. Schwartz, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Picker Leon

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Randal L. Schwartz <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > Picker> If I have take care of the globle varible by either make no
    > Picker> globle varibles, or by clean them each time before I use them
    > Picker> and after I use them, I can pretty much use the same code of
    > Picker> my perl in mod_perl enviroment.
    >
    > Perhaps you are confusing all of mod_perl with the one thing of the
    > Apache::Registry module used with mod_perl.
    >
    > Picker> Please correct me if I am wrong.
    >
    > Asking for that is implied. :) You're in CLPM, remember? :)

    s/CLPM/Usenet/

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Dec 8, 2003
  6. Anno Siegel <-berlin.de> wrote:

    > Randal L. Schwartz <> wrote in
    > comp.lang.perl.misc:

    >> Picker> Please correct me if I am wrong.
    >>
    >> Asking for that is implied. :) You're in CLPM, remember? :)

    > s/CLPM/Usenet/

    "the best way to get accurate information on Usenet is to post
    something wrong and wait for corrections"

    --Matthew Austern, in rec.arts.sf-written
    <>

    David K. Wall, Dec 8, 2003
  7. David K. Wall <> wrote:
    > Anno Siegel <-berlin.de> wrote:
    >> Randal L. Schwartz <> wrote in
    >> comp.lang.perl.misc:
    >>>
    >>> Picker> Please correct me if I am wrong.
    >>>
    >>> Asking for that is implied. :) You're in CLPM, remember? :)

    >> s/CLPM/Usenet/

    > "the best way to get accurate information on Usenet is to post
    > something wrong and wait for corrections"

    Pigs can fly!

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Dec 8, 2003
  8. Picker Leon

    Uri Guttman Guest

    TM> David K. Wall <> wrote:
    >> Anno Siegel <-berlin.de> wrote:
    >>> Randal L. Schwartz <> wrote in
    >>> comp.lang.perl.misc:
    >>>>

    Picker> Please correct me if I am wrong.

    >>> s/CLPM/Usenet/

    >> "the best way to get accurate information on Usenet is to post
    >> something wrong and wait for corrections"

    TM> Pigs can fly!

    1. i saw a flying pig at a pink floyd concert in '77 at madison sq
    garden. it was the 'animals' tour.

    2. we buy bread from a bakery called 'when pigs fly'. they are in maine
    and sell in stores all over new england.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Dec 8, 2003
  9. Picker Leon

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Tad McClellan" <> wrote in message
    > David K. Wall <> wrote:
    > >
    > > "the best way to get accurate information on Usenet is to post
    > > something wrong and wait for corrections"

    > Pigs can fly!

    It would stand to reason, as I remember well watching Pigs in Space...

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Dec 9, 2003
  10. In article <>,
    (Tad McClellan) wrote:

    > David K. Wall <> wrote:
    > > Anno Siegel <-berlin.de> wrote:
    > >> Randal L. Schwartz <> wrote in
    > >> comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > >> s/CLPM/Usenet/

    > > "the best way to get accurate information on Usenet is to post
    > > something wrong and wait for corrections"

    > Pigs can fly!

    Correct, as per the RFC:

    "With sufficient thrust ,pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
    necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
    land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
    overhead." -- RFC 1925

    :)

    big

    --
    'When I first met Katho, she had a meat cleaver in one hand and
    half a sheep in the other. "Come in", she says, "Hammo's not here.

    Iain Chalmers, Dec 9, 2003