Am I right on Mod_Perl?

Picker Leon

After reading the links on perl.apache.org, I have concluded this:
If I have take care of the globle varible by either make no globle varibles,
or by clean them each time before I use them and after I use them, I can
pretty much use the same code of my perl in mod_perl enviroment.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Keith Keller

ko

Picker said:
After reading the links on perl.apache.org, I have concluded this:
If I have take care of the globle varible by either make no globle varibles,
or by clean them each time before I use them and after I use them, I can
pretty much use the same code of my perl in mod_perl enviroment.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

It might be a good idea to start slowly with mod_perl, using the
Apache::perlRun handler. It has better performance than plain CGI
because each child process loads the Perl interpreter once (versus
each request.

HTH -keith

Randal L. Schwartz

Picker> If I have take care of the globle varible by either make no
Picker> globle varibles, or by clean them each time before I use them
Picker> and after I use them, I can pretty much use the same code of
Picker> my perl in mod_perl enviroment.

Perhaps you are confusing all of mod_perl with the one thing of the
Apache::Registry module used with mod_perl.

Picker> Please correct me if I am wrong.

Asking for that is implied. :) You're in CLPM, remember? :)

Anno Siegel

Randal L. Schwartz said:
Picker> If I have take care of the globle varible by either make no
Picker> globle varibles, or by clean them each time before I use them
Picker> and after I use them, I can pretty much use the same code of
Picker> my perl in mod_perl enviroment.

Perhaps you are confusing all of mod_perl with the one thing of the
Apache::Registry module used with mod_perl.

Picker> Please correct me if I am wrong.

Asking for that is implied. :) You're in CLPM, remember? :)

s/CLPM/Usenet/

Anno

Uri Guttman

TM> Pigs can fly!

1. i saw a flying pig at a pink floyd concert in '77 at madison sq
garden. it was the 'animals' tour.

2. we buy bread from a bakery called 'when pigs fly'. they are in maine
and sell in stores all over new england.

uri

Iain Chalmers

Pigs can fly!

Correct, as per the RFC:

"With sufficient thrust ,pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead." -- RFC 1925

:)

big