Am I stupid or VS.NET is really stuid. Vs.Net always want to change my html code

Guoqi Zheng

I think I have this kind of problem very often, now it is really making me
crazy. VS.NET always want to change my html code. Ok, that is fine as long
as Vs.Net can ask my confirmaton first.

For example, I have below in header part of my html page.
<base href="http://localhost/more/">
When I click save, VS.NET change it back to <base
href="http://localhost/more"> automatically without asking me or anything.
It just remove the last "/" by itself. Remove that "/" cause many problem
on my html page.

Does any one here have the same problem or have a solution for my problem or
this is just another bug of Vs.Net?

Thanks in advanced.

WJ

Stupidity starts from the top. Here goes:

God is dead!
The world is a piece of junk.
Your mother is stupid
Therefore you are stupid
VS.Net is not stupid. You are
Because you use it!
That makes you double stupid!
....don't you dare to tell mom about this :)

Anonymously famous!

Rutger Smit

Guoqi said:
I think I have this kind of problem very often, now it is really making me
crazy. VS.NET always want to change my html code. Ok, that is fine as long
as Vs.Net can ask my confirmaton first.

For example, I have below in header part of my html page.
<base href="http://localhost/more/">
When I click save, VS.NET change it back to <base
href="http://localhost/more"> automatically without asking me or anything.
It just remove the last "/" by itself. Remove that "/" cause many problem
on my html page.

Does any one here have the same problem or have a solution for my problem or
this is just another bug of Vs.Net?

Thanks in advanced.

Get the latest Beta of VS.NET 2005. It won't change your html but it's a
little tricky working with beta versions (at least some ppl say so).

//Rutger

Jeremy S.

You are not stupid. This is a well-known problem with VS.NET. Many
developers (including myself) never edit aspx or ascx pages in VS.NET
because of it. Rather we (I) do all HTML/page layout work with another
specialized tool - like FrontPage or Dreamweaver - and use VS.NET for
code-behind and other programming work - and launch all test sessions from
VS.NET.

HTH