am right in web services?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Raghu Raman, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. Raghu Raman

    Raghu Raman Guest

    Hi , ramesh.

    i have a doubt in web services. just tell me the way am using the web
    services is right?
    since am involved in a big project , i have written a module in c# which
    has classes & inheritance. on it it establishes the connection, command
    , and a dataset.

    for ex,

    in any web page , if i want to open a connection / retrieve a record set
    , i simply call that module's respective method . may am right here(i
    think i need not use web service for add, modify, del, or i can go for
    stored proc instead of web service. ).

    but i should go for webservice for any automated tasks.

    am i right , please guide me, when i should go for web service , if am
    wrong

    thanks, Raghu

    Raghu Raman, Sep 5, 2004

  2. I suggest you do some additional reading.
    Here is a fine place to start:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenetchapt04.asp

    -D

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Sep 8, 2004