    Is it a problem of my settings or is it an Amaya issue?

    Thank you,

    Andrea R.

    Andrea R., Feb 7, 2005

  2. Andrea R.

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Andrea R. wrote:

    > But since you save your page, you open it with a browser (explorer) and
    > you try to see its html code with notepad, it shows you very strange
    > things.

    Can you be more detailed about these "very strange things"?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Feb 7, 2005

  3. Andrea R.

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Toby Inkster scribbled in the mud:

    > Can you be more detailed about these "very strange things"?

    RtS
    Viper

    --
    D?

    Duende, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Andrea R.

    Andrea R. Guest

    Duende ha scritto:
    > While sitting in a puddle Toby Inkster scribbled in the mud:
    >

    >>Can you be more detailed about these "very strange things"?

    > RtS
    > Viper

    I mean... the code which is very well indented in Amaya, after I save it
    in a html page and I try to see it with Explorer, it works, i see the
    page i composed, but if i try to see the html code of the page I see a
    very different thing of the indented code I saw in Amaya. No
    indentation, strange characters, most of which seem to be not recognized
    by the notepad. Is there a way to see in notepad the same code generated
    by Amaya?

    Thank you!

    Andrea

    Andrea R., Feb 8, 2005
  5. Andrea R.

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Andrea R. wrote:

    > No indentation, strange characters, most of which seem to be not
    > recognized by the notepad.

    Finally -- a decent description of the problem. I'm guessing that the file
    is in a character set that Notepad can't handle. Perhaps UTF-16? Possibly
    also it uses different tab stops, and different line break characters.

    What OS are you using? Windows 9x/Me? Notepad with those versions of
    Windows is *extremely* limited.

    Pick up a decent text editor instead, such as SciTE (google for it).

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Feb 8, 2005
  6. Andrea R.

    theo Guest

    > Pick up a decent text editor instead, such as SciTE (google for it).

    I've never used a text editor. It's just my preference. I do not care to
    even see the code unless necessary.

    If you want to see what you are doing, drag and drop, graphics visual, then
    consider downloading Netscape's "composer" or Mozilla Suite's "composer.
    These are also available in Linux. Too, Dreamweaver, which is the top of
    the line, has a free trial download, 30days. You might also find macromedia
    studio 4, cheap, used, on ebay. The latest academic version, new, is $200
    on ebay.

    Take Care,
    cc

    theo, Feb 9, 2005
  7. Andrea R.

    rf Guest

    "theo" <> wrote>

    > I've never used a text editor. It's just my preference. I do not care to
    > even see the code unless necessary.

    He he. Just as well its only six minutes to the cocktail hour. I can
    legitimately pour a nice rum&coke and sit back for the fireworks which will
    be along shortly :)

    rf, Feb 9, 2005
  8. Andrea R.

    Andrea R. Guest

    Toby Inkster ha scritto:
    > Andrea R. wrote:
    >

    >>No indentation, strange characters, most of which seem to be not
    >>recognized by the notepad.

    > Finally -- a decent description of the problem. I'm guessing that the file
    > is in a character set that Notepad can't handle. Perhaps UTF-16? Possibly
    > also it uses different tab stops, and different line break characters.
    >
    > What OS are you using? Windows 9x/Me? Notepad with those versions of
    > Windows is *extremely* limited.
    >
    > Pick up a decent text editor instead, such as SciTE (google for it).

    What I need is not to see easily the code of my pages, but to make it
    readable by other.
    So, i could use SciTE, I use ConText, I love it, but who needs to read
    the code of my pages will continue using notepad, so you can understand
    my position.

    However, I got a solution.
    You were right, the problem was on the code for Line Feed and Carriage
    Return, which are different between Linux and Windows. Amaya comes from
    Linux background, so for Windows LF & CR are problematic.
    I found a flag under Amaya...
    Edit ----> Preferences ----> Publishing ----> Export LF and CR
    which is just the solution I was looking for.

    Thank you for answers,

    Andrea

    Andrea R., Feb 11, 2005