Amazon: "Effective Java, Second Edition" (May 2008)

Arne Vajhøj

Sherman said:
Don't worry, there's no "tag=" in the URL. It appears that the spammer
was too stupid to include a referral code in the link. He isn't going
to make a dime. :)

Can he still get via the referrer tag ?

(I can not remember the conclusion when we had the discussion with
Paul D)

Arne

Dave Miller

Arne said:
Can he still get via the referrer tag ?

(I can not remember the conclusion when we had the discussion with
Paul D)

Arne
Easynet is a URL redirect service which he's set to add his Amazon
account information.

Evans

In all this time we still haven't heard back from "Ted".  That in itself is
telling.  Wouldn't an honest person have chimed in by now?

Ahh, don't bother anymore, 'Ted' is already banned from the newsgroup.
Click on his profile.

Lothar Kimmeringer

Evans said:
Ahh, don't bother anymore, 'Ted' is already banned from the newsgroup.
Click on his profile.

You're using Google Groups that gives you this false feeling.
Newsgroups != Google Groups, you're just using a news2web-
gateway that works like the rest of the news2web-gateways:
It doesn't

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: (e-mail address removed)

questions!

Arne Vajhøj

Sherman said:
Do you mean the Referrer HTTP header? I *highly* doubt that Amazon
would pay for that, since it's trivial to fake.

I would consider it less work to change something in the URL
than to change referrer.

Arne

Dave Miller

Sherman said:
I guess I should have been more precise. The amazon.com URL to which
Easynet redirects doesn't have a referral code in it.

sherm--
In that case...

if we can get the name of his village we should send a condolence card
to the elders - it must be tough trying to run a village with your idiot
spending his time on usenet.