    I invested in a new computer with an amd 64 processor. Anybody have any
    experiences with Java for the x86-64 processors they would like to share?
    --Steve

    Steve Green, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Steve Green wrote:
    > I invested in a new computer with an amd 64 processor. Anybody have any
    > experiences with Java for the x86-64 processors they would like to share?
    > --Steve

    I have an HP with a 64 bit AMD processor. Keep in mind, though,
    that I'm just beginning to learn Java, so that may taint my
    experiences.

    The GUIs that I've used have a tendency to be a bit "squirrelly".
    By this I mean they occasionally have a tendency to lock up; the
    changes I make are lost; don't know how much is the GUI and how
    much is me. (I use Sun ONE Studio 4 CE and NetBeans.)

    The final application seems to run ok. I can run (or at least
    think I can run) either 1.4.2 or 1.5.0.

    Richard F.L.R.Snashall, Apr 14, 2005