Amount of free memory...

Piyush

Hi,
If I am proramming using Linux(gcc/g++) how can i know the amount
of memory(in the heap) that i have have available to me? Also at any
stage how an i check the amount of memory(in the heap) i have used up
and that is left over?
Thanks,
Piyush

Victor Bazarov

Piyush said:
If I am proramming using Linux(gcc/g++) how can i know the amount
of memory(in the heap) that i have have available to me?

If such functionality is available, it would be at the OS level. You
need to post your question to comp.os.linux.development.apps
Also at any
stage how an i check the amount of memory(in the heap) i have used up
and that is left over?

Same thing.

Victor

JKop

Piyush posted:
Hi,
If I am proramming using Linux(gcc/g++) how can i know the amount
of memory(in the heap) that i have have available to me? Also at any
stage how an i check the amount of memory(in the heap) i have used up
and that is left over?
Thanks,
Piyush

I'm not sure about the first one. As for the second one, just write your own
"new" and "delete" routines that keep track.

-JKop