    and that is left over?
    Thanks,
    Piyush

    Piyush, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Piyush wrote:
    > If I am proramming using Linux(gcc/g++) how can i know the amount
    > of memory(in the heap) that i have have available to me?

    If such functionality is available, it would be at the OS level. You
    need to post your question to comp.os.linux.development.apps

    > Also at any
    > stage how an i check the amount of memory(in the heap) i have used up
    > and that is left over?

    Same thing.

    Victor

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Piyush

    JKop Guest

    Piyush posted:

    > Hi,
    > If I am proramming using Linux(gcc/g++) how can i know the amount
    > of memory(in the heap) that i have have available to me? Also at any
    > stage how an i check the amount of memory(in the heap) i have used up
    > and that is left over?
    > Thanks,
    > Piyush

    I'm not sure about the first one. As for the second one, just write your own
    "new" and "delete" routines that keep track.

    -JKop

    JKop, Aug 13, 2004