    Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?

    Thax

    Gábor

    Hosszu Gabor, Sep 19, 2007

  2. Hosszu Gabor

    Paul Floyd Guest

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:24:37 +0200, Hosszu Gabor
    <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?=
    >=20
    > Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?

    Hi

    Well, I can say that at least Mentor Graphics has customers that use
    VHDL-AMS. Unlike digital VHDL, VHDL-AMS is simulation only, at least for
    the foreseeable future.

    A bientot
    Paul
    (Not speaking for Mentor Graphics)

    Paul Floyd, Sep 19, 2007

  3. Hosszu Gabor

    sameerkher Guest

    On Sep 19, 3:24 am, Hosszu Gabor <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
    > Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?
    >
    > Thax
    >
    > Gábor

    Google VHDL-AMS to get results. http://www.eda.org/vhdl-ams/ is a good
    starting point to get an idea about the state of the language. The
    language definition has been around since 1999 - it is definitely not
    in any evaluation period. There are currently several simulators that
    support VHDL-AMS that are quite stable - Simplorer, Saber,
    SystemVision, SMASH, to name a few.

    sameerkher, Sep 21, 2007
  4. Hosszu Gabor

    Paul Floyd Guest

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:40:25 -0000, sameerkher <> wrote:
    > On Sep 19, 3:24 am, Hosszu Gabor <> wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
    >> Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?

    > Google VHDL-AMS to get results. http://www.eda.org/vhdl-ams/ is a good
    > starting point to get an idea about the state of the language. The
    > language definition has been around since 1999 - it is definitely not
    > in any evaluation period. There are currently several simulators that
    > support VHDL-AMS that are quite stable - Simplorer, Saber,
    > SystemVision, SMASH, to name a few.

    Ahem. Not forgetting ADVance-MS, of course.

    Paul Floyd, Sep 21, 2007
  5. Hosszu Gabor

    Guest

    On 19 Sep, 09:24, Hosszu Gabor <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
    > Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?
    >
    > Thax
    >
    > Gábor

    We are extensively using VHDL-AMS within our organization for complex
    mixed signal system simulations.

    FYI, we are using Cadence.

    Steven

    , Sep 25, 2007