an "access denied" page for unauthorised page access

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Oliver, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. Oliver

    Oliver Guest

    I would like to show an "access denied" page when an authenticated
    user tries to access a page for which they are not authorised
    (role-based).

    ....I know there has been much discussion of this already, but can
    anyone confirm:

    1) that my understanding is correct that this can't be done in a
    trivial way - and that the user will generally be redirected to a
    log-in page instead

    2) if there is a way to get at the role information for the requested
    page so that I can implement the logic myself (ideally in a module) -
    ideally this would not involved having to read and parse the
    web.config file myself.

    ta muchly,
    Oliver.
    Oliver, Sep 14, 2004