    Anyone know of any, any at all?

    All suggestions welcomed!

    -- Sebastian

    Sebastian Rooks, Jan 8, 2012

  2. Sebastian Rooks

    Sean Wolfe Guest

    On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Sebastian Rooks
    <_o_m> wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I was wondering if you could help me. I'm looking for a python
    > introductory book, kind of like Learning Python only smaller (?!)
    > The thing is, I travel to and from work each day for about 1,5h in each
    > direction, and do most of my reading on the train :\
    >
    > (seriously)
    >
    > And I can't find one (just one) python book shorter than 500 pages that
    > is worth its weight in salt.
    >
    > Anyone know of any, any at all?
    >
    > All suggestions welcomed!
    >
    > -- Sebastian
    > --

    kindle? ipad? tablet?
    also there is python programming for the absolute beginner, which is
    agreat book but it's pretty beginner. But well written. At least
    Iliked it.http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-3rd/dp/1435455002
    Also byte of python ... I think there's a hardcover version you can
    buyhttp://www.swaroopch.com/buybook/

    Sean Wolfe, Jan 9, 2012

  3. On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 00:55:22 -0300, Sean Wolfe <>
    wrote:

    >kindle? ipad? tablet?

    I'm interested in books, not files ...
    (seriously, now ... I don't have any of those devices)

    >also there is python programming for the absolute beginner, which is
    >agreat book but it's pretty beginner. But well written. At least
    >Iliked it.http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-3rd/dp/1435455002
    >Also byte of python ... I think there's a hardcover version you can
    >buyhttp://www.swaroopch.com/buybook/

    I think I saw that second one somewhere already. I'll check out the
    first link, also. Thanks!

    -- Sebastian

    Sebastian Rooks, Jan 10, 2012
  4. Sebastian Rooks

    Sean Wolfe Guest

    On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Sebastian Rooks
    <_o_m> wrote:
    > On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 00:55:22 -0300, Sean Wolfe <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>kindle? ipad? tablet?

    > I'm interested in books, not files ...
    > (seriously, now ... I don't have any of those devices)
    >
    >>also there is python programming for the absolute beginner, which is
    >>agreat book but it's pretty beginner. But well written. At least
    >>Iliked it.http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Absolute-Beginner-3rd/dp/1435455002
    >>Also byte of python ... I think there's a hardcover version you can
    >>buyhttp://www.swaroopch.com/buybook/

    > I think I saw that second one somewhere already. I'll check out the
    > first link, also. Thanks!

    Yeah I hear you, I moved to Argentina from the US this year and my
    ipad + kindle app has been great. I can buy lots of books which I
    can't get down here and get access to them immediately, and I can
    carry a whole library in my backpack. So +1 if you are thinking about
    it. I like physical books as well but the portability factor is
    awesome.

    Sean Wolfe, Jan 11, 2012