An Apology

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Rich Grise, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Rich Grise

    Rich Grise Guest

    Not too long ago, I came swooping in and posted a tirade about, in summary,
    my bad impressions of the "attitudes" in some posts.

    There were several responses.

    On further investigation, every one of you is right.

    I'm sorry.

    In fact, one response challenged me to quote which posts had caused
    my temporary insanity. So, arrogant know-it-all that I am, I proceeded
    to go track down those very posts, just so I could say, "I told you
    so."

    Couldn't find a single one. I did find a substantial number of posts
    that explicitly said, "no charter," which is what my major bitch was
    about. I couldn't find a _single_ post saying, "read the charter."
    True, there _were_ a handful of reminders that this is supposed to
    be a pure C group that shouldn't be tainted by implementations or
    anything, but that's a different topic, an even if it does go into
    discussion, the least I could do is be civil about it.

    Interestingly, when I went to track down the thread or even my
    original post, I couldn't find either! Either the server is eclectic,
    somebody has the power to purge posts, or I was bitching in the
    wrong NG, or hallucinating, which remains to be seen. :)

    Again, sorry about storming in yelling and screaming when I didn't
    even have all the facts.

    And I additionally want to apologize to those who found some of my
    words profane - I was trying to not cross that border; guess I failed
    there too.

    Thanks,
    Rich
    Rich Grise, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Rich Grise

    temp999 Guest

    Rich Grise wrote:
    > Not too long ago, I came swooping in and posted a tirade about, in summary,
    > my bad impressions of the "attitudes" in some posts.
    >
    > There were several responses.
    >
    > On further investigation, every one of you is right.
    >
    > I'm sorry.
    >
    > In fact, one response challenged me to quote which posts had caused
    > my temporary insanity. So, arrogant know-it-all that I am, I proceeded
    > to go track down those very posts, just so I could say, "I told you
    > so."
    >
    > Couldn't find a single one. I did find a substantial number of posts
    > that explicitly said, "no charter," which is what my major bitch was
    > about. I couldn't find a _single_ post saying, "read the charter."
    > True, there _were_ a handful of reminders that this is supposed to
    > be a pure C group that shouldn't be tainted by implementations or
    > anything, but that's a different topic, an even if it does go into
    > discussion, the least I could do is be civil about it.
    >
    > Interestingly, when I went to track down the thread or even my
    > original post, I couldn't find either! Either the server is eclectic,
    > somebody has the power to purge posts, or I was bitching in the
    > wrong NG, or hallucinating, which remains to be seen. :)
    >
    > Again, sorry about storming in yelling and screaming when I didn't
    > even have all the facts.
    >
    > And I additionally want to apologize to those who found some of my
    > words profane - I was trying to not cross that border; guess I failed
    > there too.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rich

    I'm replying only so that those who plonked you can read this.
    temp999, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Rich Grise

    Chris Dollin Guest

    Rich Grise wrote:

    > Not too long ago, I came swooping in and posted a tirade about, in
    > summary, my bad impressions of the "attitudes" in some posts.
    >
    > There were several responses.
    >
    > On further investigation, every one of you is right.
    >
    > I'm sorry.

    Well done!

    All you need now is an interesting C problem that we can chew on,
    and we're away.

    --
    Chris "hungry hedgehog" Dollin
    C welcome: http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html