An application IN the default website?

dgk

We've inherited a number of applications and one of them lives on its
own server, in the default website. Looking at IIS, the aspx and other
files are in the default website entry. All the applications that I've
written go to virtual directories under the default website.

One of my co-workers installed the application on a test server and
broke the other application that we were testing (mine I might add).
Since I've never used the default website itself, I'm curious as to
how it works. Perhaps the config.web end us in the chain of apps below
it in the tree structure?