    Sean
    --
    Remove I-WANT-NO-SPAM to reply in email.
    Fao, Sean, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Fao, Sean

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Fao, Sean" <-WANT-NO-SPAM> wrote in message
    > A guy at http://www.embedded.com gave his opinion on the C language and I
    > was shocked to see the number of supporters for the author.

    Gullibility hasn't shocked me for quite some time. :)

    > I also find it
    > hard to believe that 99% of all code has memory leaks;

    I find it hard to believe that the author implies that he has
    the intimate knowledge of 99% of all code which is necessary
    to make such an assessment.

    I've written much C code which *cannot* cause memory leaks,
    by virtue of not using dynamic allocation at all. I suppose
    a poor C implementation could still cause such problems, but
    that's not the fault of the language.

    > but, I suppose I
    > could be wrong.

    And so 'could' this author.

    > See what you think:

    I think I'll thank you for alerting me to this guy's 'reasoning'.
    Now I know that if I want guidance on embedded programming, I'll
    avoid Jack G. Ganssle. If he makes such claims about C, how could
    I trust him to give good advice about embedded programming, or
    anything else?

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 20, 2003