    What is wrong and how can I fix this.

    Thanks
    Julia
    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Dec 1, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 05:55:02 -0800, "Julia"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have an asp.net app that is using a sql-database localted on a different
    >machine. These two machines are in the same network and there is no firewalls
    >in between. The app is using Serviced Components and are installed in the
    >Component Service.
    >
    >When I try to update the database this error occures:
    >"An error occured while enlisting in a distributed transaction".
    >
    >What is wrong and how can I fix this.

    See if MSDTC is running.

    Administrative Tools -> Services -> Distributed Transaction
    Coordinator.

    I believe it will need to be running on the database server, and on
    the server with the serviced component.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/
    Scott Allen, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Hi,
    Yes, it is running by the LocalSystem.

    Julia

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Dec 1, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    Scott Allen, Dec 1, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Lizard Man

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Finaly

    I had the same problem and it's ONLY when trying to update record in the database. As it turned out, there were 2 problems combined:

    1) the SQL sever was not able to to ping back the web server. So added entry in the host file on the sql server for the web server and visaversa.

    2) Once I did #1, the MSDTC gave me an error in the event viewer something about the MSDTC name or ID being the same as one of the other servers on the network and it said that the server was cloned with non microsoft tool. And to use sysprep in the future. it also recomended uninstalling msdtc and reinstalling it again from the command prompt "msdtc -uninstall" then "msdtc -install".
    I did the uninstall but the install would not work. I rebooted the serve and tried installing again and it worked. Tested the web site and surprisingly it WORKED.
    Lizard Man, Aug 11, 2007