    solution,
    since to treat the errors I make it from 500-100.asp
    thank you very much

    reo, Sep 3, 2004

  2. reo

    Patrice Guest

    What if you try a higher number ? AFAIK our timeouts are processed but of
    course we have a bigger value than that.

    Patrice

    --

    "reo" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > if I put in a pagina asp the instruction:
    > server.scripttimeout=1
    > the page indeed expires immediately,
    > but the error that produces does not get to happen through 500-100.asp

    some

    Patrice, Sep 3, 2004

  3. No, you don't understand: he's using the small number to deliberately force
    the timeout so he can figure out how to gracefully handle timeouts if they
    occur after setting the value to a more normal number.

    Unfortunately, I don't knowthe answer. I typically concentrate on making
    sure timeouts don't happen avoiding operations that should not be done in
    ASP.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 3, 2004
  4. reo

    Patrice Guest

    I just wanted to know what would happen with a more reaslistic number (let's
    say 30 instead of just 1 s).

    The reason for this is that it works here so I would think that either the
    500-100.asp page is not configured properly or that for some reason such an
    irrealistic number causes some kind of strange behavior (for example what if
    the timeout is lower than the time needed for the 500-100.asp page ???).

    I would still recommand :
    - what if ther page creates a non timeout error (such a computing 2/0) and
    chekc that the 500-100 page is called
    - if yes, trying with a realistic number for the timeout

    Patrice

    Patrice, Sep 3, 2004