    online examples which I could start with quickly?

    Thanks,
    Houda Tahbaz

    Houda Tahbaz, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Re: An example for creating a web custom control with full designview.

    Houda Tahbaz wrote:
    > I know I should use the ControlDesigner class if I want to implement design
    > mode behavior for a composition based control. However, do you know any
    > online examples which I could start with quickly?

    Houda, check out this online sample chapter, titled "User Controls and
    Custom Server Controls," from the book "ASP.NET in a Nutshell":
    http://tinyurl.com/4b38c

    This has an example of a complete custom server control, along with a
    Designer and some explanation.

    If you are after just code, you can download my open-source server
    controls, skmMenu [http://skmMenu.com] and RssFeed
    [http://scottonwriting.net/sowBlog/RssFeed.htm], both of which have
    Designers whose code you can inspect and pick apart.

    Happy Programming!

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com