An exception said: catch me if you can

Lucas z Izbanerowic

Hello,

I have a strange problem with a library written in C++, build with GCC
and linked to an application written in Delphi. One of functions of this
library throws from time to time an exception up to the system level
even if this piece of code work within try-catch section and no one
exception should be thrown so high. Most of exceptions from this code
are caught properly, but every 2-3 days the "try" section overlooks one
(few milliseconds ago the same exception was caught!!!) and this cause
abnormal termination of application.
More over: the problem appears only on a double-processor server working
under Win2003 Server. Another installation based on single-processor
machine and the same OS works fine.
Currently I have noticed only one more difference between these two
installations: on the doubtful machine works also another application,
which takes from time to time 100% of processor time - it takes
significant time, cause it's visible in system monitoring application)

Have anyone an idea, how to solve this bug?
Regards,