An FAQ Please Respond

clinton Brandt

Hey I am Learning Blender for 3D mesh design and the current Relese doesnt
recognize my python 2.4.1 it stopped at python 2.3. there alpha test of
their next release supports py 2.4 but as a noob id like to learn an a less
buggy release. so my question is can i install 2 versions of python and if i
do, does the newer version hold rank when running .py files. or should i axe
the version i have and the start with 2.3 then load 2.4 or what? thanks

-Clinton Brandt - Windows XP Laptop

Larry Bates

You can certainly have more than one version loaded. You may
find it easier to fall back to Python 2.3. Unless you are
using 2.4 specific features, it won't cost you much. You have
to mess with path, associations, etc. in Windows registry to
switch between the two.

-Larry Bates