    to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 12, 2009

  2. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>, Ed Mullen <>
    wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > A little birdie told that there is:
    > >
    > > <http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    > >
    > > to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?
    > >

    > It's interesting but I just glanced at it. I have decided I just don't
    > care about any IE versions less than 7 any more.

    It is for more than 6. It interests me because I have been wary of
    installing 8 on my winbox (compatibility button does not sound too real
    mcoyish) but this tester seems to require only 7 installation. And I am
    told by one person that it is better and easier to use than other
    multi-IE facilities.

    But I don't make any kind of move in life without hearing what
    alt.htmlers think. Buridan's ass had absolutely nothing on me in the
    indecision stakes.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 12, 2009

  3. dorayme

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Oct 11, 10:14 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > A little birdie told that there is:
    >
    > <http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    >
    > to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?

    I took a look at the site, and the IETester is still in alpha stage.
    As a general rule I will not use a program until it is in beta stage,
    unless I have extreme interest in the subject. This is especially true
    for programs from Microsoft or ones concerning Microsoft programs.

    cwdjrxyz, Oct 12, 2009
  4. dorayme

    idle Guest

    On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:14:05 +1100, dorayme wrote in alt.html:

    > A little birdie told that there is:
    >
    > <http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    >
    > to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?

    Works ok on my W7

    --
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

    idle, Oct 12, 2009
  5. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    idle <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:14:05 +1100, dorayme wrote in alt.html:
    >
    > > A little birdie told that there is:
    > >
    > > <http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    > >
    > > to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?

    > Works ok on my W7

    So, from your experience of 6, 7 and 8, you can say it does a fantastic
    job of showing how it is in 6 and 8 when you have 7 installed. That is
    just great to know and most encouraging. I am so tempted now having
    received your information.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 12, 2009
  6. dorayme wrote:
    > In article <>, Ed Mullen <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> dorayme wrote:
    >>> A little birdie told that there is:
    >>>
    >>> <http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    >>>
    >>> to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?
    >>>

    >> It's interesting but I just glanced at it. I have decided I just don't
    >> care about any IE versions less than 7 any more.

    > It is for more than 6. It interests me because I have been wary of
    > installing 8 on my winbox (compatibility button does not sound too real
    > mcoyish) but this tester seems to require only 7 installation. And I am
    > told by one person that it is better and easier to use than other
    > multi-IE facilities.

    I just installed Tredosoft's MulitpleIEs 3-6

    http://tredosoft.com/multipleIEs
    multipleIEs | TredoSoft

    And upgraded IE7 to 8, actually I had to to fix a corrupted IE7. You
    don't use the compatibility mode to test in version 7. Just hit F12 to
    open the debugger window and switch the Browser Mode to 7. IE8
    Compatibility mode seems more like an IE7+8 hybrid.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 12, 2009
  7. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
    <> writing in news:doraymeRidThis-
    :

    > A little birdie told that there is:
    >
    ><http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    >
    > to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?

    I tried this before IE8 was pushed out, because I was hesitant to install
    IE8 at the time. I didn't have any problems with it, and everything seemed
    to be okay with IE8, so I installed it as well.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 12, 2009
  8. On Oct 12, 5:14 am, dorayme <> wrote:
    > A little birdie told that there is:
    >
    > <http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    >
    > to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Slobber is beading down my nostrils during reading
    about a brand new 'IE Premium Edition'.

    'Mercy! I'll pay double fee! I should have taken it already last year!
    *snore*'

    Jan C. Faerber, Oct 12, 2009
  9. dorayme wrote:

    > A little birdie told that there is:
    >
    > <http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    >
    > to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?

    Looks non-intuitive. There isn't even any obvious way to go to a page by
    URL.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 12, 2009
  10. On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:37:27 +0300, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    >> A little birdie told that there is:
    >>
    >> <http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    >>
    >> to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?

    > Looks non-intuitive. There isn't even any obvious way to go to a page by
    > URL.

    It doesn't have a location bar, no...

    But if you hit one of the browser version buttons (or the all) it lets
    you key in a URL. If you have an address in your copy-buffer it even
    pastes that in for you.

    All in all it is a great tool for testing. (Since the bulk of my sites
    traffic comes from various versions of IE, it is /very/ important to me
    that I support IE well -- regardless of my actual desires.)

    Jeremy J Starcher, Oct 12, 2009
  11. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <hav72i$fl2$-september.org>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <>, Ed Mullen <>
    > > wrote:

    > >> It's interesting but I just glanced at it. I have decided I just don't
    > >> care about any IE versions less than 7 any more.

    > > It is for more than 6. It interests me because I have been wary of
    > > installing 8 on my winbox (compatibility button does not sound too real
    > > mcoyish) but this tester seems to require only 7 installation. And I am
    > > told by one person that it is better and easier to use than other
    > > multi-IE facilities.
    > >

    > I just installed Tredosoft's MulitpleIEs 3-6
    >
    > http://tredosoft.com/multipleIEs
    > multipleIEs | TredoSoft
    >
    > And upgraded IE7 to 8, actually I had to to fix a corrupted IE7. You
    > don't use the compatibility mode to test in version 7. Just hit F12 to
    > open the debugger window and switch the Browser Mode to 7. IE8
    > Compatibility mode seems more like an IE7+8 hybrid.

    I already have that multiple on, and 7 is installed on XP. Have managed
    to not turn on IE for a few weeks now, trusting I have done nothing that
    it could muck up (I don't do fancy). But your information sparks my
    interest. Did not know you could "switch 8 to 7" to test on 8, thought
    there was only this compatibility button. Please do not keep these
    secrets for so long in future, there are no excuses. I will tell Miguel
    to send you some Portuguese food.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 12, 2009
  12. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9CA243632F76Farbpenyahoocom@188.40.43.213>,
    Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
    > <> writing in news:doraymeRidThis-
    > :
    >
    > > A little birdie told that there is:
    > >
    > ><http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    > >
    > > to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?
    > >

    > I tried this before IE8 was pushed out, because I was hesitant to install
    > IE8 at the time. I didn't have any problems with it, and everything seemed
    > to be okay with IE8, so I installed it as well.

    Yes, it is probably the way I will go. The birdie that told me also had
    8 installed but still found this IETester easier and better than the
    multiple IEs.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 12, 2009
  13. dorayme

    idle Guest

    On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:13:10 +1100, dorayme wrote in alt.html:

    > In article <>,
    > idle <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:14:05 +1100, dorayme wrote in alt.html:
    >>
    >>> A little birdie told that there is:
    >>>
    >>> <http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage>
    >>>
    >>> to test for different versions of IE. Anyone here tried it yet?

    >> Works ok on my W7

    > So, from your experience of 6, 7 and 8, you can say it does a fantastic
    > job of showing how it is in 6 and 8 when you have 7 installed. That is
    > just great to know and most encouraging. I am so tempted now having
    > received your information.

    Seems to work ok.
    If you're unsure, take a look at how it shows sites in IE 5.5 ;)
    Then you'll know it's working.
    ;)

    --
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

    idle, Oct 13, 2009