    buttons are still on the web page. I have tried the hta application, it is
    working, but how to generate a hta application from aspx pages is another
    problem for me. I need your suggesions earnestly. Thanks for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGluZGE=?=, Oct 5, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGluZGE=?=

    Jon Paal Guest

    anything you send to the user can be copied. They control their browser.

    hta's run locally and would have to be dowloaded to the user

    Jon Paal, Oct 5, 2006

  3. Jon,

    Thanks for your quick answer.

    Let me explain more about my situation. I have made the exam IE page to
    full screen. So once students are on the exam page, they can only see the
    exam page itself. And I have disabled all function key, like F1-F12, ALT,
    CTRL, SHIFT, etc. So the student won't be able to go to any other pages if
    they are on the exam IE page. I also disabled the maximize button. But
    because students can still see the minimize button and close button, they can
    click on them. Somehow I have to either disable these two buttons or just
    make them invisible to students.

    Hope my explanations would give you more clues about what I want. I want
    those two buttons, minimize and close buttons on the top-right corner
    disappear or disabled. Can you help me?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGluZGE=?=, Oct 5, 2006
  4. Hi,

    Linda wrote:
    > Jon,
    >
    > Thanks for your quick answer.
    >
    > Let me explain more about my situation. I have made the exam IE page to
    > full screen. So once students are on the exam page, they can only see the
    > exam page itself. And I have disabled all function key, like F1-F12, ALT,
    > CTRL, SHIFT, etc. So the student won't be able to go to any other pages if
    > they are on the exam IE page. I also disabled the maximize button. But
    > because students can still see the minimize button and close button, they can
    > click on them. Somehow I have to either disable these two buttons or just
    > make them invisible to students.

    No, you only *think* that you disabled something. Any student worth his
    salt will find way to get the HTML pages sent to the client. You must
    face it now, there are no ways to do what you want. Even the keys you
    *think* that you disabled (using JavaScript I guess) are not really
    disabled. And anyway, your pages are cached. If you don't want your
    IT-versed students to laugh at you and cheat their heart off, you'd
    better find another way ;-)

    > Hope my explanations would give you more clues about what I want. I want
    > those two buttons, minimize and close buttons on the top-right corner
    > disappear or disabled. Can you help me?

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft, Oct 5, 2006
  5. current versions of browser do not allows this due to securty issues (that
    why a hta works). if you control the machines the browser run on, you can
    make your site trusted, and it may allow it.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Oct 5, 2006