An implementation where sizeof(short int) does not divide sizeof(int)

Keith Thompson

jaysome said:
The above citation is from the section titled "Executive Executive
Summary" (note the superfluous, anomalous recitation of the word
"Executive", which is enough to make one wonder if this web site was
authored by a teenager, or an uneducated adult, or a zealot, or etc.).

Here's the URL everyone, in case we should forget:

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html
[...]

Whatever legitimate criticisms there may be against the cited article,
the phrase "Executive Executive Summary" is not one of them. The
article begins with a one-paragraph "Executive Summary", a common
phrase referring to a brief summary of the gist of a longer article
(the word "Executive" implying that a busy corporate executive won't
have time to read the whole thing, but needs to understand the
conclusions).

This is followed by an even shorter summary, just one sentence.
Calling this an "Executive Executive Summary" is informal, but
entirely reasonable in "an obscure technical post to a security
mailing list".

Finally, please note that I've added an "[OT]" tag to the subject
line. Since this discussion has nothing to do with the C programming
language, I encourage others either to add such a tag themselves, or
to take this to a more appropriate forum.