An Link Error

Flash Gordon

when i using the VS 2005 , There is an Link Error like this:

Compiling...
test.c
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OLDNAMES.lib'

<OT>
Probably because you are telling it to use something called OLDNAMES.lib
which it cannot open for some reason, possibly due to it not existing.
</OT>

How to drive specific tools is very much system specific, if the manuals
and help system are not good enough you will have to ask in a group
dedicated to your implementation.

Richard Heathfield

Pradyut said:
try renaming the file .cpp

That's a very unwise suggestion indeed, since it will cause some compilers
to compile the source using C++ rules rather than C rules. If the OP wanted
C++ rules, he'd have asked in comp.lang.c++ rather than here.

kevin

Hello Pradyut:
Please tell me why renaming the file name to .cpp,I am afraid maybe
another problem will occured.