    LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OLDNAMES.lib'

    who knows why?
    , Dec 31, 2005

  2. Flash Gordon Guest

    wrote:
    > when i using the VS 2005 , There is an Link Error like this:

    > Compiling...
    > test.c
    > Linking...
    > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OLDNAMES.lib'

    > who knows why?

    <OT>
    Probably because you are telling it to use something called OLDNAMES.lib
    which it cannot open for some reason, possibly due to it not existing.
    </OT>

    How to drive specific tools is very much system specific, if the manuals
    and help system are not good enough you will have to ask in a group
    dedicated to your implementation.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.
    Flash Gordon, Dec 31, 2005

  3. Pradyut Guest

    try renaming the file .cpp

    --
    Pradyut
    http://pradyut.tk

    Pradyut, Dec 31, 2005
  4. Pradyut Guest

    try renaming the file .cpp

    --
    Pradyut
    http://pradyut.tk

    Pradyut, Dec 31, 2005
  5. Pradyut said:

    > try renaming the file .cpp

    That's a very unwise suggestion indeed, since it will cause some compilers
    to compile the source using C++ rules rather than C rules. If the OP wanted
    C++ rules, he'd have asked in comp.lang.c++ rather than here.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    Richard Heathfield, Jan 1, 2006
  6. kevin Guest

    Hello Pradyut:
    Please tell me why renaming the file name to .cpp,I am afraid maybe
    another problem will occured.
    kevin, Jan 1, 2006