An Update for my "Fan"

Rick DeNatale

On the assumption that someone here might actually occasionally read my blog
often enough to notice.
It's been down since sometime last Wednesday.

I've been aware of it since Wednesday night, and I've been working on
bringing it back.

If you're not interested, move along, these aren't the droids you are
looking for. I apologize if you see this multiple times, but I cross-posted
it to the ruby/rails related lists to which I subscribe.

The blog, (and a few other public websites) is hosted on a server in my
house. Sometime on Wednesday March 11, 2009, that server suffered a
catastrophic failure. It looks like the IDE controller went bad and took
out one of the drives. I've since acquired a replacement server box from a
very generous friend, and I'm considering how to proceed.

It'll probably take a few days, and I might not be able to recover the
latest articles and comments, but I wanted to let anyone who was interested,
if such a person exists, what was up.

--
Rick DeNatale