    friendfish Guest

    Anyone can told me about the warrning which GCC generated as following:
    "No newline at end of file"?
    friendfish, May 8, 2008

  2. friendfish

    fnegroni Guest

    On May 7, 7:47 pm, friendfish <> wrote:
    > Anyone can told me about the warrning which GCC generated as following:
    > "No newline at end of file"?

    By convention, in a Unix "text" file, all lines are terminated by the
    newline character.
    Most Unix text editors respect this convention.
    gcc is warning you that the file is not conforming to the convention,
    which means the last line might have been truncated and therefore you
    should look into that as it is a potential problem.
    fnegroni, May 8, 2008

  3. fnegroni wrote:
    > On May 7, 7:47�pm, friendfish <> wrote:
    > > Anyone can told me about the warrning which GCC generated as
    > > following: "No newline at end of file"?

    > By convention, in a Unix "text" file, all lines are terminated by the
    > newline character.
    > Most Unix text editors respect this convention.
    > gcc is warning you that the file is not conforming to the convention,
    > which means the last line might have been truncated and therefore
    > you should look into that as it is a potential problem.

    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/search?
    group=comp.lang.c&q=No+newline+at+end+of+file>

    --
    Peter
    Peter Nilsson, May 8, 2008