analysis tool.... other than purify

Discussion in 'C++' started by grahamo, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. grahamo

    grahamo Guest

    Hey,

    maybe a little off topic but I'm running round in circles here...

    I am aware of a couple of other memory tracking products out there but
    I would like to know of ALL of them. So far I have;

    1) BoundsChecker
    2) Insure++
    3) HeapAgent
    4) Rational Purify.

    What others exist? Basically I want something that does exactly what
    purify does, namely to give you the call stack for leaks and allow you
    to double click the offending line while dropping you straight into
    the piece of offending code.

    I'm having awful problems getting purify to instrument, basically it
    won't!

    Any other good products out there that anybody knows of?

    Cheers,

    GrahamO

    grahamo, Apr 23, 2004

  2. "grahamo" <> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    >
    > maybe a little off topic but I'm running round in circles here...
    >

    > I am aware of a couple of other memory tracking products out there but
    > I would like to know of ALL of them. So far I have;
    >
    > 1) BoundsChecker
    > 2) Insure++
    > 3) HeapAgent
    > 4) Rational Purify.
    >
    > What others exist? Basically I want something that does exactly what
    > purify does, namely to give you the call stack for leaks and allow you
    > to double click the offending line while dropping you straight into
    > the piece of offending code.
    >

    > I'm having awful problems getting purify to instrument, basically it
    > won't!
    >
    > Any other good products out there that anybody knows of?

    AQTime:
    http://www.automatedqa.com/downloads/aqtime.asp

    --
    Peter van Merkerk
    peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

    Peter van Merkerk, Apr 23, 2004

  3. (grahamo) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hey,
    >
    > maybe a little off topic but I'm running round in circles here...
    >

    > I am aware of a couple of other memory tracking products out there but
    > I would like to know of ALL of them. So far I have;
    >
    > 1) BoundsChecker
    > 2) Insure++
    > 3) HeapAgent
    > 4) Rational Purify.
    >
    > What others exist? Basically I want something that does exactly what
    > purify does, namely to give you the call stack for leaks and allow you
    > to double click the offending line while dropping you straight into
    > the piece of offending code.
    >

    > I'm having awful problems getting purify to instrument, basically it
    > won't!
    >
    > Any other good products out there that anybody knows of?

    'valgrind'. Emulates an x86 CPU and catches things like using
    uninitialized data. An awesome free program.
    Purify is a joke compared to valgrind.

    Gerald.

    Jerald Fijerald, Apr 23, 2004
  4. grahamo

    Rakesh Kumar Guest

    There is electricfence (libefence ) and mtrace ,available in GNU/Linux .
    mtrace is too good to miss any memory leaks. But on the flip side, it
    takes up so much of disk space in terms of writing it.

    --
    Rakesh Kumar
    ** Remove nospamplz from my email address for my real email **

    Rakesh Kumar, Apr 24, 2004