    quasi-experiment.

    Elena
    , Apr 8, 2005

  2. Eric Sosman Guest

    wrote:

    > I have a test online that measures cognitive style. [...]

    It measures no such thing. It measures nothing at all.
    I can refute any proof you might offer that it measures what
    you claim; I can thus show that the probability you are self-
    deluded exceeds 96.3% (and if you'll give me time, I can tack
    on another decimal place).

    Any more questions? ;-)

    --
    Eric Sosman
    lid
    Eric Sosman, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Guillaume Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a test online that measures cognitive style. It determines
    > whether the participant has an intuitive or analytical learning style.
    > It takes about 5 minutes.

    I got 53.
    ;-)
    Guillaume, Apr 8, 2005

    Eric Sosman wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have a test online that measures cognitive style. [...]

    > It measures no such thing. It measures nothing at all.
    > I can refute any proof you might offer that it measures what
    > you claim; I can thus show that the probability you are self-
    > deluded exceeds 96.3% (and if you'll give me time, I can tack
    > on another decimal place).
    >
    > Any more questions? ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Eric Sosman
    > lid

    Hi Elena,

    That's a wonderful name. Which country are you from? Before I comment
    on your project, I wish you the best of luck in your new career.

    As for your project, I kinda agree with Eric here. Your test measures
    impulse versus methodicity (if there is such a word). Not intuition.

    Intuition is not impulse, not instinct, not belief and definitely not
    the absence of thought. Intuition is an extremely rare quality amongst
    us humans. It is possible that all humans exhibit intuition, but if
    that is the case, then it is to a very small degree.

    Unlike instinct, which can be wrong at times, unlike impulse, which
    is a hasty decision, unlike belief, which is something you have
    conditioned your mind to, and unlike irrationality, which is plain
    absence of reason, intuition is the highest form of knowledge - you
    just know something. Period.

    Intuition is always right. Every single time.For eg. it is said that
    animals can forecast the occurances of natural disasters. During the
    recent Tsunami in my country, apparently all the dogs and the tribals
    ran towards the dense jungles and hilltops in the Andaman and Nicobar
    Islands and escaped unscathed. That is intuition.

    When Einstein was working on his theory of relativity, he had reached
    a stumbling block. Apparently he had to decide between accepting
    Maxwell's Electromagnetic Wave theory or Max Planck's Quantum theory to
    explain the nature of light. He chose the quantum theory. The rest, as
    they say, is history. That was intuition.

    All those who shun analysis and give in to impulse do not necessarily
    become highly intuitive thinkers. Similarly, all lovers of order are
    not necessarily incapable of intuition.

    The survey you have used to gather data is a very dangerous method of
    going abt things. Hope you will not start your new career on a wrong
    note.

    Hope this helps.

    Best regards and wishing you all the very best in your new career,
    Karthik.
    , Apr 8, 2005
  5. On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:53:50 -0400, Eric Sosman
    <> wrote:
    >deluded exceeds 96.3% (and if you'll give me time, I can tack
    >on another decimal place).

    Ooh! Ooh!

    --
    #include <standard.disclaimer>
    _
    Kevin D. Quitt, Apr 8, 2005
  6. "" <> writes:
    > Eric Sosman wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have a test online that measures cognitive style. [...]

    >> It measures no such thing. It measures nothing at all.

    [snip]
    > Hi Elena,

    [large snip]

    What was your question about the C programming language?

    Keith Thompson, Apr 8, 2005