Anchor Names in ASP

AC

Ok, I know in html to jump to different parts of the same
page you simply use anchor name tags. You place the
naming of a section (i.e. <a name="spot1"></a>) in the
html at the spot you want to name.

Well, in asp, .net places the html code in no particular
order using absolute positioning to tell the browser where
to put everything. How then do I place the name tag in
the right spot if nothing else is in order? I cant use top
or left in the name tag... this is bugging me.

Anthony

Brian W

I'm not exactly sure, but I suppose you could put the anchor at an absolute
position as well.

You don't *have* to use absolute positioning Personally I don't use absolute
positioning. I change pageLayout to FlowLayout on all pages.

HTH
Brian W

AC

Bill,
thanks for the response, that may work but i'm really
trying to figure out how to get name anchors working -
there's no reason they shouldn't.
Anthony

Scott M.

VS.NET defaults to positioning elements on the page using "GridLayout"
(which just really means CSS Absolute Positioning). Change your page
properties to use FlowLayout instead and you'll be able to put items in a
more linear positioning scheme.

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting to the MSDN newsgroups.

Firstly I want to thank all the people who provided help in this issue.
Have you tried the suggestion of using the "FlowLayout"?
FlowLayout
Elements are added without absolute positioning attributes. Web browsers
arrange elements in the order that they occur on the page, from top to
bottom. You cannot drag elements across the Design view surface, or use the
positioning grid.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang