anchor not working well

leesangjune

Hi,
I have an anchor at the bottom of web page1 but the link to web page2
only works when I view (or load) webpage1 at least once. Otherwise it
links me to the center of webpage1.
Do you know how I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Fesser

..oO([email protected])
I have an anchor at the bottom of web page1 but the link to web page2
only works when I view (or load) webpage1 at least once. Otherwise it
links me to the center of webpage1.
Do you know how I can resolve this?

You could start by posting a URL.

Micha

leesangjune

Right. Here is my html code:

At the bottom of page 1 i have the folloowing code. The anchor is at
the very bottom of the page. The file name is
.../2_20/verify_recognition_all_2_20_thumb.html

In web page 2 i have the link code:

Transaction 18
</a>

Do you notice any problems?

Thanks.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Olli_M=E4ntyranta?=

Right. Here is my html code:

At the bottom of page 1 i have the folloowing code. The anchor is at
the very bottom of the page. The file name is
../2_20/verify_recognition_all_2_20_thumb.html

In web page 2 i have the link code:

Transaction 18
</a>

Do you notice any problems?

Hi there,

this tiny piece of code shows only that the problem is somewhere else.
Would be a good idea to put both pages online and show us the url.

Sorry, if I ask obvious, but are you sure you don't have an element
earlier in the first document, which is marked with id="bottom"? If
there is, the link on the other page leads to this element instead of
your anchor.

BTW, I am pretty surprised to find out that this wouldn't point out in
validation.

Olli

Andy Dingley

How do I fix this??

You aren't even using the fragment identifier (the thing after the "#"
in the URL) in that link at all. Of course it doesn't work!

Secondly the <a name="BOTTOM" ></a> form is somewhat obsolete. You can
use a simpler id="BOTTOM" form instead, on any element. You don't have
to add an <a> element specially.

Also the HTML code is atrocious. There's an awful lot wrong with it,
and if you care about this level of detail, then you need to think
about fixing it.

leesangjune

Hi,

The top links don't have the fragment identifier but the bottom links
do... I'm talking about the links at the bottom of the page.