    If not.. how do I accomplish the anchor feature.

    Thanks,

    niv
    niv, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Using HTML tables... and percentage dimensions. Most of the websites use
    this technique, so do web apps. And so should you. :)

    --
    RobertK
    { Clever? No just smart. }

    Robert Koritnik, Oct 28, 2004

  3. niv

    niv Guest

    Hi Robert,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Do you have a link so that I can check out an example of
    this?

    Thanks again.

    niv, Oct 28, 2004
  4. No I don't but actually almost (let's say at least 90%) of all web pages are
    an example of this in a way.
    If your table has a width of 100% it will always span over the whole width
    of the window (if not contained in another element). And if it contains two
    cells one aligned left the other right all elements would align as supposed.
    When you resize the window the table will be wider and elements within those
    cells would still align. Especialy those on the right side would change
    their position.

    There is one problem. Bottom anchoring, while web pages tend to be height
    unlimited. It is possible, but most of the people suggest not using it, so I
    won't explaint it to you. You have to be more careful with user
    experience...

    Beside this: if you don't understand this, I suggest you to start learning
    HTML, while it's very simple, UI design fast and friendly and soon Windows
    apps will be done the same way. Sonner or later. I mean with flow layout.

    --
    RobertK
    { Clever? No just smart. }

    Robert Koritnik, Oct 28, 2004