anchor psuedo's: Is There An 'Official' Order...?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Rusty, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    hi...

    I've worked with ANCHOR psuedo-classes for a while, for link 'mouse-overs'.

    So far the recipe I use is this order

    A.LINK
    A.VISITED
    A.HOVER
    A.ACTIVE

    The "Hover" and "Active" elements seem to work fine on my PC. A friend who
    has a new Mac Titanium says they don't work.

    However, other link classes on the same page with a different psuedo-class
    order work okay on his Mac. Go Figure.

    A.LINK
    A.ACTIVE
    A.VISITED
    A.HOVER

    Can anyone comment on any "right way" or "wrong way" of doing this?

    thanks,

    Rusty
    Rusty, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Rusty

    Paul Furman Guest

    Rusty wrote:

    > hi...
    >
    > I've worked with ANCHOR psuedo-classes for a while, for link 'mouse-overs'.
    >
    > So far the recipe I use is this order
    >
    > A.LINK
    > A.VISITED
    > A.HOVER
    > A.ACTIVE
    >
    > The "Hover" and "Active" elements seem to work fine on my PC. A friend who
    > has a new Mac Titanium says they don't work.
    >
    > However, other link classes on the same page with a different psuedo-class
    > order work okay on his Mac. Go Figure.
    >
    > A.LINK
    > A.ACTIVE
    > A.VISITED
    > A.HOVER
    >
    > Can anyone comment on any "right way" or "wrong way" of doing this?

    This was discussed this week here.
    I think it was

    Las
    Vegas
    Has
    Animals

    but it depends on the effect you want so other arrangements could work.
    Paul Furman, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Rusty wrote:

    > A.LINK
    > A.ACTIVE
    > A.VISITED
    > A.HOVER

    I hope you mean ':' and not '.'?

    You can put them in any order depending on what effect you are trying to
    create, but for the effect most people want to create: link, visited,
    hover, active.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Feb 20, 2004