    Anyone help out?

    TIA
    Steve

    Steve Peterson, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Steve Peterson

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Steve Peterson wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a rather lengthy web form. Near the end of the form (one must
    > scroll down to reach it) I have a dropdown list control w/ the
    > autopostback set to true. When the user changes the index the post
    > back occurs, I handle the code, no problem. However, what I wold like
    > to happen is that when the html is returned to the client that the
    > page automatically shows the bottom where the dropdown list is. I
    > have placed an anchor tag in the html next to the cbo control tag,
    > but can't quite figure out how to use it correctly, or rather
    > modifying the return URL string so the client browser does what I
    > would like..
    > Anyone help out?
    >
    > TIA
    > Steve

    You can set "SmartNavigation" on. This should work in IE, not in other
    browsers, but even there I had problems: external stylesheets got lost.

    There are several components "out there" that try to maintain scrollposition
    between postbacks.

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Hi Hans

    Thx for your reply. I tried turning on SmartNavigation and it seemed to work
    fine. However, iexplorer.exe will throw an error if I close the browser at
    this page. If I follow a link from this page to another page or hit "back"
    button & close, then browser closes fine. I have no clue why the following
    error is thrown:

    "The instruction at "0x1003e8d" referenced memeory at "0x1003e8d" . The
    memory could not be "read".
    Click OK to terminate program

    I'm running the latest version of IE
    (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp2_rtm.0040803-2158)...

    Like I said - this error only happens if I have SmartNavigation on (I tried
    both ways - in @Page directive & setting it by code). Page closes fine w/
    out SmartNavigation on..

    mmmm, bug in IE?

    Steve