    If I want to set all of the link stages to have the same properties, can I
    just use a{} instead of specifying a:link {}, a:visited {}, etc, for each
    stage. Thanks.

    TheKeith, Oct 21, 2003

  2. TheKeith pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > If I want to set all of the link stages to have the same properties, can I
    > just use a{} instead of specifying a:link {}, a:visited {}, etc, for each
    > stage. Thanks.

    You could, but then your visitors would never know which links they've
    visited; and if you remove the underline, they would not even know they
    were links.

    a.link {}
    a.visited {}
    a.hover {}
    a.active {}

    ...in this order.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 21, 2003

  3. TheKeith

    TheKeith Guest

    > TheKeith pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > > If I want to set all of the link stages to have the same properties, can

    > > just use a{} instead of specifying a:link {}, a:visited {}, etc, for

    each
    > > stage. Thanks.

    > You could, but then your visitors would never know which links they've
    > visited; and if you remove the underline, they would not even know they
    > were links.
    >
    > a.link {}
    > a.visited {}
    > a.hover {}
    > a.active {}
    >
    > ..in this order.

    Thanks. Is there any particular reason they have to be in that order?

    TheKeith, Oct 21, 2003
  4. TheKeith

    Chet Guest

    "TheKeith" <> wrote in message

    | "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote
    in message
    | > TheKeith pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    | > > If I want to set all of the link stages to have the same
    properties, can
    | > > just use a{} instead of specifying a:link {}, a:visited {},
    etc, for
    | each
    | > > stage. Thanks.
    | >
    | > You could, but then your visitors would never know which
    links they've
    | > visited; and if you remove the underline, they would not even
    know they
    | > were links.
    | >
    | > a.link {}
    | > a.visited {}
    | > a.hover {}
    | > a.active {}
    | >
    | > ..in this order.
    |
    | Thanks. Is there any particular reason they have to be in that
    order?

    It's the cascading effect, the order in which they are applied to
    the element.

    hth

    Chet
    (remove NO.....SPAM)