And more newbie questions

GGarramuno

1) Is there any Ruby equivalent for Perl's pos() or pos(SCALAR)
function?
This returns or sets the position in a string of the last /g regex
match.

2) Looking in google's ruby history, I saw this question arising for
the same reason I need it: trying to port Perl's Text::Balanced
module. Since that was an old message, and before I reinvent the
wheel, if someone did this, anyone care to share their port of it?
Thanks.

ts

G> 2) Looking in google's ruby history, I saw this question arising for
G> the same reason I need it: trying to port Perl's Text::Balanced
G> module. Since that was an old message, and before I reinvent the
G> wheel, if someone did this, anyone care to share their port of it?

Well, look at [ruby-talk:83195]

http://www.ruby-talk.org/83195

Guy Decoux