and perl integration

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Stefano Sabatini, Oct 18, 2007.

  1. Hi perlers,

    there is a way to integrate nicely Perl code with Pod?

    I love the Pod::Usage module very much, and I would like to do
    something like this:

    my $program_name=foo;
    my $foo= 1;

    =head1 NAME

    $program_name - Foo and bazz all the bars of the world.

    =head1 SYNOPSIS

    $program_name <options> <input-file>

    =head1 OPTIONS

    =item B<--foo|-F>

    Foo value to use when fooing (default is $foo).

    =back

    Is this possible (I think it isn't)? Can you suggest some way to
    achieve the same effect (maybe with some other module)?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Regards.
    --
    Stefano Sabatini
    Linux user number 337176 (see http://counter.li.org)
    Stefano Sabatini, Oct 18, 2007

  2. Re: Pod and perl code integration

    On 2007-10-18, Stefano Sabatini <> wrote:
    > Hi perlers,
    >
    > there is a way to integrate nicely Perl code with Pod?
    >
    > I love the Pod::Usage module very much, and I would like to do
    > something like this:
    >
    > my $program_name=foo;
    > my $foo= 1;

    >=head1 NAME
    >
    > $program_name - Foo and bazz all the bars of the world.
    >
    >=head1 SYNOPSIS
    >
    > $program_name <options> <input-file>
    >
    >=head1 OPTIONS
    >
    >=item B<--foo|-F>
    >
    > Foo value to use when fooing (default is $foo).
    >
    >=back
    >
    > Is this possible (I think it isn't)? Can you suggest some way to
    > achieve the same effect (maybe with some other module)?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards.

    Ehm... I missed the Pod in the subject...

    Regards.
    Stefano Sabatini, Oct 18, 2007