    http://mindprod.com
    If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.
    ~ Red Adair

    Roedy Green, Mar 17, 2011

  2. In message <>, Roedy Green wrote:

    > I have had a request to port my Canadian Tax applet to Android.
    >
    > http://mindprod.com/applet/canadiantax.html
    >
    > did a quick look to try to figure out what would be involved. I
    > discovered they don't support either AWT or Swing. Any comments on
    > what the powers of its GUI are? Do you have equivalents to any of the
    > Swing components?

    Don’t try to think in terms of porting an existing desktop mouse/keyboard-
    centric GUI. The constraints of the small screen and the characteristics of
    a touch interface are quite different.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 17, 2011

  3. On 17-03-2011 17:43, Roedy Green wrote:
    > I have had a request to port my Canadian Tax applet to Android.
    >
    > http://mindprod.com/applet/canadiantax.html
    >
    > did a quick look to try to figure out what would be involved. I
    > discovered they don't support either AWT or Swing. Any comments on
    > what the powers of its GUI are? Do you have equivalents to any of the
    > Swing components?

    Check the docs:

    http://developer.android.com/reference/packages.html

    For whatever reason Google must have considered a new API
    better for this new type of device than the existing API's.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 18, 2011