ANN: $500 prize for best Leo slideshows

Edward K. Ream

A prize of $500 prize is hereby offered to the person or persons who can
create the best slide shows (using Leo's slideshow plugin) that introduces
Leo to newbies. What is Leo, you ask?

Home: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html
Tutorial: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/leo_TOC.html
FAQ: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/FAQ.html
Wiki: http://leo.zwiki.org/FrontPage

1. Prize fund

The total prize fund is $500. Prizes will be awarded solely at the
discretion of Edward K. Ream. The prize fund may be split among
contestants, and the total prize fund will be distributed only if the number
and quality of submissions warrant it.

2. Format of entries

Entries should be a *single* Leo outline. This outline may contain multiple
slideshows. Multiple entries are allowed. Entries must be accompanied by
your name, address and email address.

3. Ownership of entries

All entries become the property of Edward K. Ream and will be distributed
under the terms of Leo's Open Source license.

4. Criteria for awards

Prizes will be awarded on how useful the slideshow is in helping newbies
understand Leo. To be considered for an award, an entry must show
substantial work. I'll also consider creativity, originality, etc. I'll
also look favorably on extensions to the slideshow plugin if such extensions
materially improve the presentation.

5. Duration of contest

The contest shall end December 11, 2006. The contest may be extended at the
sole discretion of Edward K. Ream, but in no event shall the contest
continue past February 2, 2007.

Prizes will be awarded within one week of the close of the contest. Winners
will be announced on Leo's Open Discussion Forum:

Edward