ANN: Abderaware's SNPP for .NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Zane Thomas, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Zane Thomas

    Zane Thomas Guest

    I hope those of you who have seen this previously will accept my apology for
    reposting it. Despite the fact that similar annoucements are posted without
    problems someone at MS has cancelled mine alone and so I'm reposted by way
    of a server MS does not have control over. I have always tried to post new
    product annoucements into appropriate forums only, and only once. So
    here, for the last time (really!), is a simple short annoucement:

    Abderaware's SNPP for .Net (www.abderaware.com) provides a comprehensive
    implementation of the Simple Network Paging Protocol. Using SNPP.Net you can
    handle most programming tasks that requires sending messages to pager
    devices through a network.

    Among the many features supported by SNPP.Net are the following:

    * Overloaded constructors make it easy to create and send messages to any
    SNPP host.

    * Fully object orientated class hierarchy making it easy to manipulate and
    send messages.

    * Asynchronous methods are available for background-sends of large messages
    or slow hosts.

    * Support for Windows 98/ME/NT4/2000/XP.

    * Automatic protocol selection with built-in fallback to a lower protocol
    for older hosts.

    * Both blocking and non-blocking (asynchronous) methods are supported
    wherever appropriate.

    * Complete source code is available.
    Zane Thomas, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Zane Thomas

    Carlos Perez Guest

    Zane,

    There is an specific ng for posting adv. That would be a
    better place where to post your advs. If everybody starts
    posting advs in here this will soon became a useless ng.

    Thanks for your understanding,

    Carlos

    Carlos Perez, Jul 3, 2003

  3. He's a well-known newsgroup spammer. Never pays for his
    ads, just uses space here. Stay away from his stuff.

    Charles Goren, Jul 3, 2003
  4. Abderaspam's SNPP for .NET

    You don't care about whether the newsgroup becomes useless
    because of advertising. Like the breast enlargement
    spammers, all you care is that your spam ads drive traffic
    to your site.

    Show us one other legitimate component vendor who
    regularly advertises in this newsgroup. You won't because
    they are not leeches on the community goodwill.
    Charles Goren, Jul 3, 2003
  5. Re: Abderaspam's SNPP for .NET

    Charles,

    >You don't care about whether the newsgroup becomes useless
    >because of advertising.

    Your rants about my annoucement already have done more to make the newsgroup
    less useful than my on-topic annoucement did.

    >Like the breast enlargement spammers, all you care is that your spam
    >ads drive traffic to your site.

    You are operating under the common (among newbies) assertion that all
    advertisements and annoucements (ie anything not a question, answer, or
    discussion) constitute spam. That is not true and your refering to me as a
    spammer is therefore not true. Moreover you use the label in a knowingly
    negative way in order to attempt to tell me what to do and where - it's not
    going to work.

    >Show us one other legitimate component vendor who
    >regularly advertises in this newsgroup.

    Show me any vendor who regularly advertises on this newsgroup or _any_ of the
    ms.dotnet newsgroups.

    >You won't because
    >they are not leeches on the community goodwill.

    You apparently think that community only includes those members who have the
    same goals and requirements as you. That's not the case and the fact that
    people visit, download, and buy components after learning about them
    demonstrates to me that annoucements are appreciated. You may not appreciate
    them, that's fine by me, but do not presume to speak for the entire Community.

    BTW - I've been helping first on CIS and then on devx and newsgroups for at
    least 10 years. And I've written articles and books too. So it is incorrect
    for you to refer to me as someone who takes and does not give (leech).

    --
    Abderaware
    Fine Components For .NET
    Zane Thomas [.NET/C# MVP], Jul 3, 2003
  6. Re: Abderaspam's SNPP for .NET

    Charles,

    I see you are unwilling to discuss this reasonably, prefering instead
    emotionalism and small-minded personal attacks. Tell you what: You mind your
    business and I'll mind mine.

    Insert last word where:

    --
    Abderaware