ANN: ActivePython 2.3.2 & ActivePython 2.2.3

Trent Mick

We are pleased to announce that versions 2.3.2 and 2.2.3 of ActivePython
are now available for download from:
http://www.ActiveState.com/ActivePython
ActivePython 2.3.2 is the first ActivePython release for the Python
2.3.x series. ActivePython 2.2.3 is a bugfix release for, and
supercedes, ActivePython 2.2.2.

ActivePython is ActiveState's quality-assured binary build of Python.
Builds are currently available for Windows, Linux and Solaris.

In addition to the core language, ActivePython features:
* zlib and bzip2 for data compression;
* Tkinter for Tk development;
* a large set of useful Python documentation; and,
* on Windows, Mark Hammond's PyWin32 extensions,
including the Pythonwin IDE, support for Python ASP, the PythonCOM
system.

Please submit email feedback to:
(e-mail address removed)
and file bugs against ActivePython at
http://bugs.ActiveState.com/ActivePython

Thanks, and enjoy!

Trent

Matthew

Trent Mick said:
We are pleased to announce that versions 2.3.2 and 2.2.3 of ActivePython
are now available for download from:
http://www.ActiveState.com/ActivePython
ActivePython 2.3.2 is the first ActivePython release for the Python
2.3.x series. ActivePython 2.2.3 is a bugfix release for, and
supercedes, ActivePython 2.2.2.

The ActiveState web site says that the version of PyWin32 is build
146, which is fairly old.

Does anyone know if that's correct, or is it just the documentation
that's out of date?

Trent Mick

[Matthew wrote]
The ActiveState web site says that the version of PyWin32 is build
146, which is fairly old.

Does anyone know if that's correct, or is it just the documentation
that's out of date?

The docs are just out of date. I hope to have a fix for the doc up early
next week. The actual PyWin32 versions are as follows:
ActivePython 2.3.2 build 230: PyWin32 b159
ActivePython 2.2.3 build 225: PyWin32 b158
These are the latest "stable" PyWin32 build numbers.

Cheers,
Trent

Thomas Heller

Trent Mick said:
[Matthew wrote]
The ActiveState web site says that the version of PyWin32 is build
146, which is fairly old.

Does anyone know if that's correct, or is it just the documentation
that's out of date?

The docs are just out of date. I hope to have a fix for the doc up early
next week. The actual PyWin32 versions are as follows:
ActivePython 2.3.2 build 230: PyWin32 b159
ActivePython 2.2.3 build 225: PyWin32 b158
These are the latest "stable" PyWin32 build numbers.

Which is a pity, since the upcoming py2exe (for python 2.3) requires
win32all build 161 or later, if win32all is used.

Thomas

Trent Mick

[Thomas Heller wrote]
Which is a pity, since the upcoming py2exe (for python 2.3) requires
win32all build 161 or later, if win32all is used.

What is the "word on the street" for win32all builds 160 and 161?
Currently the PyWin32 site says:

http://starship.python.net/~skippy/win32/Downloads.html

These versions are fairly new, and as such should be considered
experimental. After a few success reports, these will be be
considered the latest stable releases.

....so I was just being cautious. If people consider those builds stable
enough I wouldn't have a problem upgrading ActivePython's win32all.

Is there a whole lot that is new in builds 160/161?

Trent