ANN: ActivePython 2.4.1 for Mac OS X is now available!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Trent Mick, Jun 7, 2005.

  1. Trent Mick

    Trent Mick Guest

    Today ActiveState is announcing support for Mac OS X. I'm happy to
    announce that ActivePython 2.4.1 for Mac OS X is now available for free
    download from:

    http://www.ActiveState.com/Products/ActivePython/

    This brings the number of free ActivePython platforms to four -- with
    the existing Linux, Solaris and Windows free downloads.

    Meanwhile, some of you may be interested to know that we are busily
    working on bringing Komodo to Mac OS X. We expect to offer a beta in
    August and release later this year.

    To keep up-to-date with our Mac OS X progress, betas and announcements,
    we invite you to join our new mailing list:

    You can join the OS X announce list on the ActiveState Programmer
    Network (ASPN):

    What is ActivePython?
    ---------------------

    ActivePython is ActiveState's quality-assured binary distribution of
    Python. Builds for Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and Windows are made freely
    available.

    ActivePython includes the Python core and core extensions (zlib 1.2.1,
    bzip2 1.0.2, bsddb 4.2.52, Tk 8.4.9, and Tix 8.1.4) and is fully
    compatible with other Python distributions of the same version.

    ActivePython also includes a wealth of Python documentation, including:
    - the core Python docs;
    - Andrew Kuchling's "What's New in Python" series;
    - the Non-Programmer's Tutorial for Python;
    - Mark Pilgrim's excellent "Dive into Python"; and
    - a snapshot of the Python FAQs, HOWTOs and PEPs.

    Once installed on the Mac, you can find the ActivePython documentation
    here:
    /Library/Documentation/Help/ActivePython 2.4 Help/index.html
    An online version of the docs can be found here:
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.4/welcome.html

    Thanks, and enjoy!

    Trent, Python Tech Lead

    --