[ANN] Adobe FrameMaker 2005 Conference Update

Discussion in 'XML' started by Scott Abel, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. Scott Abel

    Scott Abel Guest

    The Adobe FrameMaker 2005 Chautauqua is scheduled for Raleigh, NC this
    November
    7-9. This email contains information about one of the presentations
    (below)
    on FrameMaker and CMS.

    In addition to this presentation, Adobe currently has 4 people coming
    present! Two are from the FrameMaker Product team, while two others
    are
    from the internal tech docs team. The latter are coming to present on
    Adobe's internal FrameMaker+DITA implementation.*

    Update on the conference schedule: We are currently negotiating with a
    sponsor who wishes to hold a reception the first conference
    evening...stay
    tuned for more schedule details!

    Thank you,

    Kay Ethier, Conference Manager
    919-244-8559

    www.travelthepath.com

    * Note-Bright Path Solutions is pleased to report that we provide
    consulting
    & training services to Adobe's docs team and Idiom throughout the Adobe
    implementation project. (We also produced the DITA application set to
    ship
    with FrameMaker 7.2 :)

    ***************
    PRESENTATION: Content Management Systems and FrameMaker

    Dual Speakers: Scott Abel & Rob Hanna

    Presentation Description: Adobe FrameMaker has earned its stripes as
    the authoring tool
    of choice for a large segment of our technical writing community. Adobe
    achieved this
    success by delivering a solid, extensible piece of software that works
    as
    advertised in just about any situation. Content management systems are
    helping extend FrameMaker functionality further to meet the complex
    needs of
    today's technical communicators without the need for FrameMaker
    plug-ins or
    add-ons.

    In this two-part presentation, join content management strategist,
    Scott
    Abel, on a journey to understand content management systems that "work
    with"
    FrameMaker. You'll learn what they do -- and don't do -- and what that
    means to you. Scott will take a look at some of the best features
    around and
    attempt to demystify some of the marketing mumbo jumbo.

    Next, Rob Hanna of SiberLogic will explore the SiberSafe XML Content
    Management System. Rob will explain how SiberSafe helps FrameMaker
    users get
    the most out of structured content by leveraging the systems powerful
    content management functionality.

    More details coming soon to the conference website.

    PRESENTATION TIME AND DATE: Wednesday, November 9, 2005 - 9:45am -
    Track 2
    (Structured FrameMaker Track)

    If you are interested in attending the Frame conference, information is
    online http://www.travelthepath.com/chat/chautauqua.html . Or, feel
    free to
    email me directly at mailto: or call
    1.919.244.8559.

    The main conference sponsor is Siberlogic: http://www.siberlogic.com .
    Please visit their website and thank them for their support of the
    FrameMaker community.
    Scott Abel, Sep 28, 2005